What now ?? Life after Bumper boys.

For discussion on anything retrieving related - trialing, training equipment, news, etc.

Moderator: Peter Butterfield

What now ?? Life after Bumper boys.

Postby Kerry Webster » Tue 16 Apr 2024 4:28 pm

I own two 4 shooter bumper boys, which have been a godsend for me, as I usually train alone.

I am very short on shot for my BB's and Ramset have informed me that the shot I have for the BB's is no longer manufactured and isn't available at all, nor is there an alternative shot.

Well, now I have $3000.00 of training equipment I can't use (at least once my shot runs out). Is there a way of adapting the BB's to fire by other means ?? Has anybody successfully adapted their machines to work without the usual shot ??

There must be others in the same boat with their BB's. What have you done, please ?

Thank you.
My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am.
Kerry Webster

Re: What now ?? Life after Bumper boys.

Postby Jessie Hughes » Tue 16 Apr 2024 10:39 pm

Have you tried John at SOS - I have purchased from him after Ramset told me nothing was available. Good luck.
Jessie Hughes

Postby Bob Pickworth » Mon 22 Apr 2024 7:16 am

Hi Kerry,
I’ve got 6 packs of “Red”PLCRD 22S” Ramset charges, which are the power load up from Greens and fine for Bumper Boy, but not great in my handheld Turner Richards hand held launcher (This would give you 600 shots).
I bought these 4 years ago (as well as purples and Blacks, when I heard Ramset were only manufacturing ramset charges for their new guns, which won’t work in a BB.
Fiocchi also make a load (“22 Lungo Salve Blank”), that will work well in the BBas they are a 22 cal x 16mm ( If you can’t hunt these down John Hodson (Sporting Outback Supplies), used to be Fiocchi rep so may be able to help).
If you want the reds, give me a call - only issue would be getting them to you as postage of ammunition not allowed.
Bob Pickworth

Postby Kerry Webster » Mon 29 Apr 2024 6:56 pm

Thank you Bob and Jessie.

I have contacted John at SOS.

Thank you Bob for the offer of your reds for my BB. The only problem with getting any shot to me, is how. I am in NSW in June for judging appointments, but, I do not hold a firearms licence (we have a corporate licence here), and so I cannot legally carry the shot back with me on my flight. I've gone through the details of requirement to carry on flights with John at SOS, and it can only be done by someone with a firearm licence.

I have thought of an alternative solution to bring some shot to W.A. and will approach the person soon to see if it is viable. I'll also contact my local gunshop to see if they can suggest a solution.

Many thanks for your input.
Kerry
My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am.
Kerry Webster

Postby Bob Pickworth » Tue 30 Apr 2024 5:36 am

All good Kerry, let me know If I can assist.
Bob Pickworth

Return to General