Training Days

For discussion on anything retrieving related - trialing, training equipment, news, etc.

Moderator: Peter Butterfield

Training Days

Postby Kelly Picker » Wed 11 Feb 2004 7:41 pm

Hello Kelly here , I live in Goulburn and am very keen to trial my 13 month old lab Avokah Mr Brown ( Rowdy ) Are there any Young dog/ Puppy training days held anywhere in NSW / ACT ???? I have reached a stage in my training where I am needing some advice and guidance.
Kelly Picker

Postby Kirsty Blair » Wed 11 Feb 2004 9:24 pm

Hi Kelly,

Welcome to the site! The Working Gundog Club will be holding an intro day for people interested in training and trialling. At this stage it won't occur until the middle of the year, though. Stay tuned for further information on that one. The same club will also be putting on regular informal training days for members only. You can PM club secretary Peter Betteridge on this site for further details on membership and these events.

Also, I know that the ACT club was planning a training weekend for February but this was postponed due to lack of numbers/heat etc. I'm sure this will be re-scheduled so we'll just have to keep pestering until it is!

Would I be right in guessing your pup is a chocolate? Look foward to meeting him! :D

Kirsty
Kirsty Blair

Postby Gareth Tawton » Wed 11 Feb 2004 11:01 pm

Kelly,

The ACT Gundog Society have members that meet informally nearly every weekend. You would be more than welcome to join and we have plenty of free advice (no guarantees if it is good or not!!!). You can contact myself on0418 482 342 or Dad, Robert Tawton, as club president on 02 6288 9997.

Gareth Tawton
Gareth Tawton

Postby Teresa Parkinson » Thu 12 Feb 2004 12:01 pm

Hi Kelly,

Welcome to AWRC too. It's great to see all these new members registering and making themselves known to us. Hopefully we'll get to meet you at a trail some time soon.

You ACT guys are SOOOOO lucky!!!!

After work tomorrow, I have a 3 hour drive ahead of me to meet up with Prue for the weekend for some training! :roll:

You don't know just how lucky you are.

Teresap (who is just a teensy weensy bit envious!) :wink:
Teresa Parkinson

Postby Jason Ferris » Thu 12 Feb 2004 12:59 pm

Hi Teresa

We may have good group training going up here in the ACT, but we are still jealous of your access to opportunities to work your dogs in the field.

Swings and roundabouts I suppose.

Cheers, Jason.
Jason Ferris
Board Admin

Postby Teresa Parkinson » Thu 12 Feb 2004 1:07 pm

Thanks for putting things in perspective Jason!

Now I can have a legitimate little gloat :lol: about duck hunting 5 minutes from home any time I like during the season, rice crops 15 minutes away, and rabbits (when they're around) and quail almost as close! Yep, I suppose I am pretty lucky.... :wink:

Teresap
Teresa Parkinson

Postby Kirsty Blair » Thu 12 Feb 2004 1:16 pm

Teresa,

I'm green with envy at both you and the ACT guys! I drive two hours each way once a week to train on a property (thanks Maureen!) and there's no where close here to hunt (legally) :mrgreen:

Kirsty
Kirsty Blair

Thanx for the warm welcome

Postby Kelly Picker » Sat 14 Feb 2004 11:39 am

Thanx for the warm welcome!!!! I would love to take you up on your generous offer Gareth and will be sure to contact you shortly.
Kirsty, Yes my boy is Chocolate and is just a super happy easy going bloke.
I look forward to meeting you all shortly.
Kind Regards
Kelly
Kelly Picker

Return to General