Introduction

For discussion on anything retrieving related - trialing, training equipment, news, etc.

Moderator: Peter Butterfield

Introduction

Postby Joanne Hagan » Thu 12 Feb 2004 8:05 am

Whilst Jason is on the subject of new members, thought I'd take the opportunity to introduce myself.

I'm in Canberra and have 3 shorthairs, one of whom I have just started training for retrieving. Bit behind the eight ball here, as he is 6, but we're having a ball! He is my first shorthair, and I've competed in conformation, obedience, agility, endurance, flyball & gundog working tests with my dogs over the years.
I've long been interested in retrieving since I saw Bob giving a demo a few years ago at some Pet Expo here in Canberra - back then I thought it was only a lab thing though : )

So, I hope to get my lad into Novice this season, got a few things to work on first but I am really hoping to get them sorted and start trialling. In the mean time, we have been out training with Bob, Jason, Laraine & Gareth and are learning a great deal - my hats off to them for putting up with my novice brain : )

Cheerio

Joanne Hagan
Joanne Hagan

Postby Teresa Parkinson » Thu 12 Feb 2004 11:57 am

Hi Joanne,

Glad to see all these intro's flowing thick and fast. It really helps to know a bit about new members.

Perhaps we should all give a bit of a rundown on how we got into this game. It would make interesting reading I'm sure.

You are lucky to be so close to people who can train with you and share their experience. These days I train alone virtually all the time (not that I really mind) but it certainly helps to have input from others occasionally.

Perhaps I need to consider moving??? :lol: Better still, perhaps there's a 'lurker' on this forum who lives nearby who would be prepared to join forces with me.....

Teresap
Teresa Parkinson

Postby Prue Winkfield » Thu 12 Feb 2004 12:02 pm

Hi Joane - great to have another GSP ownere here - we are definitley in them inority - good luck with your dog!
Prue Winkfield

Postby Vivienne Jones » Fri 13 Feb 2004 10:31 am

Hi Joanne,
Glad to hear that you will be competing in Novice Retrieving
Trials this year.
Hope to see you sometime this year when I am mobile again.
(Broke my right leg and ankle -- Gardening)
Regards,
Vivienne Jones and Molly
Vivienne Jones

Postby Kirsty Blair » Fri 13 Feb 2004 11:59 am

Gee Viv - :shock: Extreme Gardening, the newest sport in town!!

Hope you heal soon :D

Kirsty
Kirsty Blair

Return to General