NSW/ACT restricted trials

For discussion on anything retrieving related - trialing, training equipment, news, etc.

Moderator: Peter Butterfield

NSW/ACT restricted trials

Postby Julie Cramond » Wed 18 Feb 2004 1:32 pm

I am planning on a few NSW/ACT trips, this year.

By quickly looking at the schedules interstate, there seems to be a few restricted sweepstakes on day and the next, restricted.

Could someone inform me of the dates when there are two restricted stakes, on one weekend, in NSW/ACT?

Thankyou.
Julie Cramond

Sweepstakes

Postby Jason Ferris » Wed 18 Feb 2004 1:41 pm

Hi Julie

The Working Gundog Club of NSW has adopted a policy of running an official restricted stake (and allowing titled dogs to run as non-competing), unless there is less than the mandatory 4 dogs and 4 handlers, in which case restricted will run restricted as a sweepstake. This means that you have a good chance of two restricteds in a weekend on 12-13 June and 21-22 August.

The ACT Gundog Society (and I think the NSW Lab Club and Gundog Society) will run weekends with one official restricted and one sweepstake.

We look forward to seeing you up this way soon!

Cheers, Jason.
Jason Ferris
Board Admin

Postby Julie Cramond » Wed 18 Feb 2004 1:53 pm

Thanks Jason.

At least by my attendence there will be four extra dogs, but only one mad handler, me.

Hoping TP still wants to come too.
Julie Cramond

Postby Jason Ferris » Wed 18 Feb 2004 2:05 pm

Julie

Another thought. I'd have to check with the other members of the ACT committee, but if we knew you and Teresa were coming it may be possible to upgrade a sweepstake on teh ACt weekends to a official trial. An extra 2 handlers and 5 or 6 dogs (depending on whether TP runs Phoenix) can make a big difference.

Not sure how the Lab Club and Gundog Society are placed in this regard. Flo Tidswell is the trial secretary for both clubs. You can contact her on 02 9773 6089.

Cheers, Jason.
Jason Ferris
Board Admin

Postby Teresa Parkinson » Wed 18 Feb 2004 4:08 pm

Hi Julie.

Yes, I'd still be very interested in going to either or both those weekends. We can talk about it some more further down the track but certainly pencil me in.

Jason, at this stage I would only be taking Jock so you could count on 5 entries from Julie and me.

Teresap
Teresa Parkinson

Return to General