Some interesting bb stats

For discussion on anything retrieving related - trialing, training equipment, news, etc.

Moderator: Peter Butterfield

Some interesting bb stats

Postby Jason Ferris » Thu 19 Feb 2004 12:36 pm

Hi

Julie and Teresa keep trying to challenge me on the gender ratio on this board, so for a bit of fun I thought I would indulge them and do some stats. Here they are:

The top twenty posters are still 12 males and 8 females. The 12 males have posted a total of 357 messages (average of 29.75 messages each). The 8 females have posted a total of 352 messages (average of 44 messages each).

In the overall memberlist, there are 97 members. 11 of these are have androgenous user names. There are 51 males and 35 females. The 51 males have posted a total of 425 messages (average of 8.3 messages each). The 35 females have posted a total of 389 messages (average of a 11.1 messages each!).

There are 43 members who are yet to post anything, may of whom have not logged on since the day they registered. If anyone has any ideas on how to get these people (and people who are yet register) involved let me know.

Cheers, Jason.
Last edited by Jason Ferris on Thu 19 Feb 2004 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jason Ferris
Board Admin

Postby Mark Sewell » Thu 19 Feb 2004 1:34 pm

Good on ya Jason! You stick up for us fellas :D
Mark Sewell

Postby Kirsty Blair » Thu 19 Feb 2004 2:46 pm

Hi Fellas,

There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics.
Benjamin Disraeli

What you're saying, Jason, is that the few women who are here are contributing far more per capita than the men. Typical.... :wink:

Kirsty
Kirsty Blair

Postby Teresa Parkinson » Thu 19 Feb 2004 2:53 pm

Kirsty,

Couldn't have said it better myself. Well done. :lol:
And, we've just raised the women's stats by 2!

Jason,

Good try but you know we'll have the last word anyway!!!!
:wink: :lol: :roll: :shock: :evil: :twisted: :lol:

Teresap
Teresa Parkinson

Postby Jason Ferris » Thu 19 Feb 2004 3:01 pm

And I didn't even bother to analyse the use of emoticons! :D

jf.

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts... for support rather than illumination." - Andrew Lang (1844-1912 )
Jason Ferris
Board Admin

Postby Teresa Parkinson » Thu 19 Feb 2004 3:05 pm

What emoticons? :D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow:
Teresa Parkinson

Postby Gareth Tawton » Thu 19 Feb 2004 3:31 pm

Kirsty,

Speaking of lies. A good friend of mine recently sent me the web link to view a cover girl :D for the detector dogs. I'm sure I have seen this same girl before and she claimed to be a golden retriever trainer. Alas our world famous cover girl handles a black labrador :!: . Now who tells lies :?: .

Gareth
Gareth Tawton

Postby Kerry Webster » Thu 19 Feb 2004 4:12 pm

Ah Yes.........but most times the ladies say something worth reading/listening to !!!!!! :lol:

With regards to more people registering, I can only suggest that members do what I did, and email the website address to every retrieving person in their address book, encouraging them to take a look, and, join up and have a say.

I find it the easiest way by far, to keep in touch with all the retrieving people I know, and the ones I don't know, living in the 2nd, 3rd, 4th etc states of Australia. Of course, I live in the No. 1.state.

Kerry
My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am.
Kerry Webster

Postby Jason Ferris » Thu 19 Feb 2004 4:43 pm

Hi Kerry

If everyone puts their locations into their profiles, I could a state by state analysis too. :wink:

I agree with your suggestion about emailing everyone letting them know about the site. It would also be great if clubs could include a brief mention of the site in their newsletters and trial catalogues. If anyone wants me to write some words, let me know.

Cheers, Jason.
Jason Ferris
Board Admin

Postby Kirsty Blair » Thu 19 Feb 2004 4:51 pm

Hi Gareth,

I'm not ashamed to be paid to handle a Labrador for Quarantine. The difference is - I'll handle a Golden Retriever for free any day :wink:

Kirsty
Kirsty Blair

Postby Brian McMillan » Thu 19 Feb 2004 10:00 pm

Jason; Here's one to keep you up all night. How about analysing Quality vs Quanity as it pertains to the sexes. I'll save you the trouble.......... the men have the Qualiy posts all the way. (Girls, it's the best excuse I can come up with as to why the guys don't post as much)

Actually, I think the more broad based the posts are, the more likely the board will attract, and keep more participants. Have discussions on the silly, fun stuff (like this) training tips and advice, and the retrieving issues of the day. Remember the Movie, 'Field of Dreams', "post it and they will come."

Brian
Brian McMillan

Postby Julie Cramond » Fri 20 Feb 2004 12:52 pm

Brian,

By the way welcome.

You have to remember Brian, nearly all of us know each other.

There are many trialers that do lurk, but a couple say they are poor typists.

Come out of the cupboard guys!!!!!!! I do not care about my spelling errors.
Julie Cramond

Return to General