Why The Black Lab ????

For discussion on anything retrieving related - trialing, training equipment, news, etc.

Moderator: Peter Butterfield

Why The Black Lab ????

Postby Kerry Webster » Thu 19 Feb 2004 4:58 pm

OK Jason, who put up the black lab, up above ????????

You are just asking for this............Where is the Golden Retriever ????

Kerry
My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am.
Kerry Webster

Postby Jason Ferris » Fri 20 Feb 2004 8:53 am

Hi Kerry

It was me. The black lab is Julie's Stamp. I took the picture while I was picking up my pup at Christmas. I thought it an appropriate picture, not because of the breed or colour of the dog, but because I think it captures a working retriever in full flight.

Cheers, Jason.
Jason Ferris
Board Admin

Postby Kirsty Blair » Fri 20 Feb 2004 11:28 am

Come on Kerry, you know the answer to this. The picture is of a black lab trying to find and retrieve a bird that the Golden Retriever already picked up half an hour ago :wink: :D

Kirsty (hiding under her bed from Julie and Jason)
Kirsty Blair

Postby Julie Cramond » Fri 20 Feb 2004 12:41 pm

I just love the logo.

What a beautiful ++++++++ dog. LOL.

I was advised not to keep a male dog out of NAT CH Kane and my RRD Cracker, as I am very soft on my bitches, and males can pee everywhere, can be aggressive and assertive, and be a royal pain when closely kennelled to "in heat" bitches.

Stamp is none of the above. A great calm house dog but a manic worker.

I hope I try as much as him.
Julie Cramond

Postby Gareth Tawton » Fri 20 Feb 2004 1:08 pm

Jason,

How long do you think you would have had to wait to get a golden in action like this on film? :wink:

Julie,

It seems Kanes father Kelvinhead Kadnood Clyde continues to have some input further down the line. Those great attributes you speak about seem to appear in nearly everydog I have seen with him in the pedigree. I think one of the most important attributes any breed of gundog can have is the ability to switch on and switch off when required. I hope you can tame the beast when he is switched on :!: If nothing else I'm sure you will have great fun trialling a dog with so much drive. I know I have and still do.

Gareth
Gareth Tawton

Postby Julie Cramond » Fri 20 Feb 2004 1:25 pm

Gareth, LOL.

Oh yes, I am getting there. Do not worry about THAT!!!!!!!

He used to worry me, even as a pup, as he had so much desire. Nowadays I like to think he knows I am trying to help him.

His marking used to be very good or very bad. Over the last couple of months, I think due to him settling down a little, his marking in training is excellent.

Oh the worry of it all, all this new "education" I think I have.
Julie Cramond

Postby Kate Eltringham » Fri 20 Feb 2004 1:56 pm

Hi guys,

Talking about dogs knowing how to switch off, have returned from work calling in at the oval, no-one wanted to run today so gave up and came home, particularly as the dogs beat me back to the car.

I now have four dogs lying upstairs under the direct flow of air from the airconditioner with me trying to find a spot to get cool between them. Have just washed out their bowls and not an eyelid has moved amongst them:!:

Cheers

Kate
Kate Eltringham

Postby Jason Ferris » Mon 23 Feb 2004 9:57 am

I understand that some people were unable to see the new bulletin board logo (in the top left of each screen), and hence had no idea what this thread was about! I think I have fixed the problem, so hopefully you can all see it now.

Cheers, Jason.
Jason Ferris
Board Admin

Postby Prue Winkfield » Mon 23 Feb 2004 4:00 pm

Julie - hope the fact that Stamp is running away from the camera is not significant :P Glad the dogs are OK - I think we should come back next time around as vets! Prue
Prue Winkfield

Return to General