Delurk and become our 100th member!

For discussion on anything retrieving related - trialing, training equipment, news, etc.

Moderator: Peter Butterfield

Delurk and become our 100th member!

Postby Jason Ferris » Tue 24 Feb 2004 3:53 pm

To all those people reading the bulletin board but not joining up and contributing...

Now is the time to de-lurk and join the bulletin board. The prestigious position of being the 100th member of this on-line community is there for the taking. Come on now, join in!

Cheers, Jason.
Jason Ferris
Board Admin

Postby Brian McMillan » Wed 25 Feb 2004 10:36 am

Another milestone is approaching; that is the one thousand article mark. Who is going to post it?

Brian
Brian McMillan

Postby Jason Ferris » Wed 25 Feb 2004 1:24 pm

Well, I slipped out for lunch and missed both milestones!

Ladies and Gentlemen, please welcome our 100th member - Pam Lyons. Pam, do you want to introduce yourself?

Congratulations to all on reaching the 1000 post mark. We are really up and rolling now!

Cheers, Jason.
Jason Ferris
Board Admin

Delurk and become 100th Member

Postby Pam Lyons » Wed 25 Feb 2004 1:54 pm

Well, Jason, many of the trialling community know me. I am the cranky old female who has two GSPs - both of whom are now retired retrieving dogs. We only do GWT now as it is much more fun and a lot cheaper. When I started out my girl was 4 years old (she is now 8 ) and I have been waiting all that time for some more training!!! I am too busy doing too many other dog activities to concentrate on retrieving.
Pam Lyons

Postby Kirsty Blair » Wed 25 Feb 2004 2:23 pm

Hi Pam,

Good to see you on this site. Do you mean that YOU were waiting for more training or your DOG was waiting for more training?

The reason I ask is because we are all currently discussing what is required in order to keep people in the sport. It would be valuable to hear the perspective of someone who has effectively left the sport altogether. Especially since you say that GWTs are more fun - why is that?

Perhaps you'll be swayed be the overly enthusiastic bunch on this site and rejoin us! :D

Kirsty
Kirsty Blair

Postby Kirsty Blair » Wed 25 Feb 2004 8:41 pm

Jason Ferris wrote:Congratulations to all on reaching the 1000 post mark. We are really up and rolling now!

Cheers, Jason.

Darn it! :? I was biding my time so I could whip in with the 1000th post. I go off to do some work and then come back to find not only that we've hit 1000 posts but are now pushing 1020 :shock: ! What is it with these Retrieving people? Once they start talking they won't stop! :wink:

Okay now, on a more serious note......who stole my 1000th post!!! :lol:

Kirsty :D (aiming to use the 1000th emoticon)
Kirsty Blair

Postby Brian McMillan » Wed 25 Feb 2004 9:28 pm

Geez!

I go to bed only to wake up to find we not only have the 100th member, but the 1000th post mark was blown out of the water. Is it possible the 100th member has also the 1000th post?

Congrats to the whole Board;
Brian
Brian McMillan

Delurk & 100th Member

Postby Pam Lyons » Thu 26 Feb 2004 8:16 am

Sorry, Kirsty, I went and stole your thunder!! In my opinion GWTs are much more fun as there is no title and therefore no pressure. My dogs really enjoy it and therefore so do I. The runs are the same all the time (well unless the judges get 'creative) so you know exactly what to train for. Open is a double rise and a blind - easy!!!

Of course, the training was to be for me so that I could train my dogs. I would never expect anyone else to train my dogs for me.
Pam Lyons

Postby Vivienne Jones » Thu 26 Feb 2004 2:42 pm

Welcome Pam, the 100th Member.

I agree Gundog Working Tests are fun. and I enjoy entering GWT,
and having an enjoyable relaxing day. I would like to see our new
GWT judge being creative, and testing the competitors.

I also thoroughly enjoy retrieving trials. I have learnt that my dog
is capable of far more than that I gave her credit for (sometimes),
and I have learnt a lot more about my dog.
Vivienne Jones

Delurk & become 100th Member

Postby Pam Lyons » Fri 27 Feb 2004 8:46 am

Thanks Vivienne. Great to see you are no longer plastered!!! LOL The plaster is now off the dreadfully injured leg and ankle!!! Hope you are up to training soon and that Miss Molly's fitness level is regained in time to collect her RRD this year.
Pam Lyons

Return to General