Training Day

For discussion on anything retrieving related - trialing, training equipment, news, etc.

Moderator: Peter Butterfield

Training Day

Postby Peter Betteridge » Wed 25 Feb 2004 10:45 am

The WGC OF NSW is holding a training day on march 27 at RNSWCC headquarters beginning at 3pm. All members are encouraged to attend. Please bring a thermos and a folding chair. Birds and throwers will be used to create a trial like atmosphere. All levels of dogs and handlers will be catered for. Any interested person's who would like to come along and watch, or join our dynamic club would be made most welcome. Some of Australia's most successful handlers will be in attendance. This is an ideal opportunity to pick their brain.
If you need any additional information please call our secretary Peter Betteridge on 0408446390
Peter Betteridge

Postby Julie Cramond » Wed 25 Feb 2004 10:55 am

Peter, sounds great but a bit far for us Victorians.

Starting at 3pm?
Julie Cramond

Training Day

Postby Pam Lyons » Wed 25 Feb 2004 12:25 pm

Peter
Why is the training day for members only? All the other Gundog clubs in Sydney run their training days for ALL interested parties - whether or not they are members. The view being if they become interested then they will become members!!! Isn't the idea to encourage newbies?
Pam Lyons

training day

Postby Peter Betteridge » Wed 25 Feb 2004 12:48 pm

Pam
welcome to our online community
the WGC needs to look after its members as well as promote gundog work.Our training day is open to new or potential members as stated in my earlier post.We are holding a large promo "MAKE MY DAY' event in the middle of the year,which will be heavily promoted.We are also offering a training course to any interested members.I for one would love to have you involved in our club and urge you to come and enjoy our training day on the 27th
Peter Betteridge

Training Day

Postby Pam Lyons » Wed 25 Feb 2004 1:56 pm

Thanks Peter, I was an inaugural member of the WR club but have forsaken my membership. My dog got too old whilst waiting for some training.
Pam Lyons

Postby Peter Betteridge » Wed 25 Feb 2004 2:31 pm

Pam
The training day is precisely to cater for peolple like you whom we hope will renew their membership.We are now a very active club with a new forward thinking committee.This website is a direct result of our clubs vision.Even though this website belongs to the retrieving trial community Australian wide,it was conceived,paid for and moderated by committee members of the WGC.Although I dont really think it is up to us to train your dog for you,we are more than happy to help in any way.Why not bring the old fella along on the 27th and join in the fun.Maybe you might see your way clear to rejoin and contribute to club life.I'm sure you would be a wonderful asset to the WGC
Looking forward to meeting you soon
regards Peter Betteridge
ps what part of sydney do you live in Pam?,there are no geographic details in your profile.Jason will fix that up for you if you so desire.
Peter Betteridge

Training Day

Postby Rachel Shapter » Tue 16 Mar 2004 10:22 pm

Hi,
Just joined this site, and saw there is a training day scheduled, however I already have something on that day :( Will look forward to attending the next one with my golden.
Rachel
Rachel Shapter

Postby Prue Winkfield » Wed 17 Mar 2004 8:14 am

Peter - was interested in your reference to a training course. Can you elaborate on this please? Some other states might pick up on the idea if successful. Prue
Prue Winkfield

WGC of NSW training course

Postby Peter Betteridge » Wed 17 Mar 2004 6:18 pm

Prue
thankyou for the interest in our training course.It is set to kick of after our "Make my day" promo in june.Our course will be ongoing and will be held once a month at RNSWCC headquaters.Geoff Cole will head up our instructing team.Our instructors are all successful all age handlers and multi winners or placegetters in national championships.Joe Vella,Myself,John Cauchi and hopefully Jack Lynch will work with existing club members and people new to the sport.In addition we are developing a cell system where experienced triallers include newbies in their ongoing training groups. Our course has an easy to follow step by step training booklet written by Geoff. Geoff has also well on the way to completing a video that believe me is VERY comprehensive.This video will be on sale to the trialling community in general at a later date.Our course also includes mock trials and club field days.Personnally ,I have run training days for the Lab club in the mid 1990's.They were well attended and everyone had a good time however they failed to produce many new triallers.This time we are offering an ongoing program with alot of backup.lets hope we are successful!
I noticed that Bob Tawton is running a training seminar in SA.What a fabulous idea, and very decent of Bob to give up his time.Surely all this proactive activity can only benefit the sport! Lets hope for great things.
Peter Betteridge

Postby Prue Winkfield » Thu 18 Mar 2004 8:40 am

Peter - that sounds great and hope it goes well am sure it will. Interestingly, WAGA which is associated with the Sporting Shooters Association have been running training days monthly for several years now and have been very successful. They also run competitions. People definitely want ongoing help - the trouble is it takes major ongoing commitment from the trainers - you might like to consider putting a time line in?. Good luck. Prue
Prue Winkfield

Return to General