Raft and equivalent Remits

For discussion on anything retrieving related - trialing, training equipment, news, etc.

Moderator: Peter Butterfield

Raft and equivalent Remits

Postby Prue Winkfield » Mon 29 Mar 2004 2:57 pm

A wet afternoon has given me space to think(dangerous) about recent conversations and how we tackle various issues, which brings me to the question - do our State RAFTs have written objectives, responsibilities, accountabilities, purpose, etc? If so, what are they and who agreed them? Is there a forum for review and if so by whom? Have triallers at any stage bein involved in developing any sort of remit? Have triallers in any State ever been asked for input, critique on their committee? In Victoria we elect our members - what about other States? This of course applies to all disciplines not just Retrieving.
Prue Winkfield

State RAFT committees

Postby Alan Donovan » Mon 29 Mar 2004 4:01 pm

Hi Prue

I do not comment on behalf of the Qld RAFT but, as a member, here are our Terms of Reference:

The RAFT sub-committee is responsible to the Committee of the CCC(Qld) for the following:

To maintain overview of the Retrieving and Field Trials discipline

Make recommendations to Council in respect of the discipline and associated matters

Conduct judges' training and examinations in the discipline

Allocate trial dates and consider schedules

Conduct regular reviews of all Competition Rules

Establish and maintain appropriate communications between the CCC and clubs

Conduct State and National Championship Trials

Provide a representative for ANKC meetings as required

Consider matters referred by Council and provide reports and recommendations

On an annual basis - review the objectives that it is hoping to achieve and provide a written report to the Committee on these goals.

Hoping that gives you some insight into what happens "behind the scenes" - I am not aware of any particularly contentious issues being raised while I have been on the Qld RAFT. If anyone out there has a problem - let me know!

(Try to limit the range of your problems - Preferably something to do with dogs)

Cheers - Alan
Alan Donovan

Return to General