On a lighter note

For discussion on anything retrieving related - trialing, training equipment, news, etc.

Moderator: Peter Butterfield

On a lighter note

Postby Kate Eltringham » Thu 01 Apr 2004 3:50 pm

Hi All,

Just thought I'd bring a lighter note into the "conversations" of the past couple of days :lol:

Have just had the most marvelous training session with Ski, my young Lab. As you all know we are in the middle of a fairly horrific drought so Ski's exposure to water work has been very limited.

Left work and went up the local oval, which is huge and very dog friendly. Walked out to the back two ovals and noticed heaps and heaps of birds (unfortunately not the ones that can be retrieved). As I got closer I could see what looked like, but my eyes could have been deceiving me, a massive expanse of water. My eyes weren't deceiving me, there was a huge amount of water. A burst water pipe had covered the entire oval.

Having had it drilled into me by He Who Shall Not Be Named to take the opportunity to expose my dog to new concepts I bit the bullet (so to speak) waded out in my work shoes nearly to the ankles in the water to set up some exercises for Ski.

End result she passed the splashing water surrounded by birds to retrieve a very boring dummy very well. Recovery of my work shoes will be known in the next 24 hours.

Kate

p.s after I'd finished training I decided to do the right thing and popped into the council depot to let them know of the problem :wink:
Kate Eltringham

Postby Prue Winkfield » Thu 01 Apr 2004 6:06 pm

That sounds fun Kate - you need to carry dog shoes in the car! Please can you let us know how to get to Nursery Lane - it is not in the Vic Country Melways and I for one have forgotten how to get there!
Prue Winkfield

Postby Kate Eltringham » Fri 02 Apr 2004 6:06 pm

Hi Prue,

Latest newsletter is being posted on the weekend and will have a mud map on how to get to the trial site.

Kate
Kate Eltringham

Return to General