Congratulations Central highlands

For discussion on anything retrieving related - trialing, training equipment, news, etc.

Moderator: Peter Butterfield

Congratulations Central highlands

Postby Diane McCann » Tue 13 Apr 2004 12:42 pm

Cental Highlands have done it again with a very well run trial over the Easter break. We all know what a massive task it is that you undertake running three stakes for three days and I would like to thank you for your efforts. Well done too for the children's retrieve, what a delight to watch and most definitely a way to keep the young one's interest (we are getting a bit old as a general group!). Three cheers,

Diane
Diane McCann

Easter trial

Postby Bo Curtis » Tue 13 Apr 2004 1:33 pm

Yes, again a big thanks to the people that made it all come together so well. Lets hope the property is available again next year. It's such a great place to gather and socialize. And what is it about a open fire that keeps the wine flowing??
Bo Curtis

Postby Kirsty Blair » Tue 13 Apr 2004 3:30 pm

Hi,

I'd like to reiterate the thanks given by Bo and Di. A special big thank you to Kate and Molly Eltringham who work so hard to get the entries and catalogues done as well as all the general organisation. I think the idea of using Run Managers was excellent.

I for one had a fantastic weekend and hope to be there again next year :D .

Kirsty

P.S. Thanks again Kevin Law for an excellent property :D
Last edited by Kirsty Blair on Wed 14 Apr 2004 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kirsty Blair

Postby Prue Winkfield » Tue 13 Apr 2004 4:10 pm

Definitely a big thanks and congratulations to the people who organised the trial. The run managers were excellent and a good safety idea as well as they could make immediate contact if anyone was unlucky enough to need the first aid officer in a hurry.
Prue Winkfield

Ditto

Postby Jason Ferris » Tue 13 Apr 2004 4:13 pm

The Easter trial just seems to get better every year. Big fields competing under an excellent mix of judges on a great site, brought together by fantastic organisation with a very positive welcoming attitude. The Central Highlands club and everyone involved should be proud of their efforts. I am already looking forward to next year.

Cheers, Jason.
Jason Ferris
Board Admin

Great Weekend at Benalla

Postby Steve Hall » Tue 13 Apr 2004 8:32 pm

To all the committee of the Central Highlands club - congratulations on a great weekend, you have once again done a fantastic job with all the organising that is required.
Marg and I had an enjoyable weekend and always enjoy the companionship and sportsmanship of trialers from all over the country.

Great Job, Well done.
Steve Hall
Steve Hall

Benalla Trial

Postby Joe Law » Wed 14 Apr 2004 8:06 pm

Great to read the positive comments on the Easter trials. I will email my brother Kevin and refer him to this website so he can read your comments. You might be interested and pleased to know that on Monday after the trial Nevill Wise took it on himself to stay behind and donate his plumbing skills to solve the shower and toilet problem. With the added help of unskilled labour from Bob Tawton and myself Kevin's shower is back in action and his toilet has a temporary fix. The more permanent solution to the toilet problem will require the digging and installation of a new absorption pit and the plan is to do this before the Eckett seminar in July. Your camping fees that the club collected and gave to Kevin will be a big help with the materials needed for this to happen and Nevill has offered to donate more of his time in overseeing this work. While we were in dunny-diving mode we also ended up in the river clearing silt and reeds from around the pump and while the water temperature was pleasant the leeches were not much fun. However, the point is I know Kevin enjoyed having the triallers there and is appreciative of your contributions as well as the responsible way in which everyone conducted both themselves and their dogs. Cheers, Joe
Joe Law

Postby Brian McMillan » Wed 14 Apr 2004 8:54 pm

Hi all;

I am glad to hear you all had a great trial; sounds like a fantastic time was had by all. I would have loved to be there. Is there any chance some one will post the results?

Cheers;
Brian
Brian McMillan

Postby Maureen Cooper » Thu 15 Apr 2004 3:07 pm

Just adding my thanks to Central Highlands for yet another top weekend and agree that the run managers made such a difference to those of us who judged, they just did a superb job. I love going down to Vic. for this weekend and it is gaining a bigger following among NSW triallers each year. Noel, Kate and committee, you were the best, sit back and give yourselves a big pat on the back, you deserve it. To Kevin Law, our thanks for the use of the property and to Neville Wise, Joe and Bob, good on you all for the clean-up at the end.

Maureen
Maureen Cooper

Postby Gareth Tawton » Thu 15 Apr 2004 3:23 pm

Bo,

You are dead right another great Easter weekend. However we should ban the open fire on Saturday night it gave me a realy big headache and I felt like I had only slept for 2 hours after sitting in front of it :wink: Open fires are bad bad things just ask Jim Hargreaves.

Gareth
Gareth Tawton

Postby Diane McCann » Thu 15 Apr 2004 3:30 pm

Very intoxicating, open fires, aren't they Gareth?

Diane
Diane McCann

Postby Leanne O'Sullivan » Thu 15 Apr 2004 4:24 pm

I'll second (or is that third) that. Damn that fire.

Leanne
Leanne O'Sullivan

Postby Kirsty Blair » Thu 15 Apr 2004 6:57 pm

Hmmm, that damned fire. It does seem to induce one not go to bed until early hours of the morning despite the prospect of a long drive home the next day!

On the up side, thanks to Jim and Brian (or is it Steve Austin??), I now know a few more cooking techniques for moths :wink:

Kirsty
Kirsty Blair

Postby Kerry Webster » Thu 15 Apr 2004 7:22 pm

Sounds like you guys had more than enough fun over Easter !!!!! :wink:
Open fires, (obviously no fire bans over there ????), good conversation, a little intoxication, no, probably heaps of intoxication, late nights etc etc etc.

Not a lot said about the retrieving performed over the weekend. You DID take your dogs with you, didn't you ???

Your W.A. mates, also had Easter trials, but only two All Age stakes over here. No fire also. (we ARE, in a total fire ban), and we were on farmland which was as dry as @***##.

But we had our get togethers in the evenings, as well, with all of the above mentioned, moreso for the non competitors, I might add. Ah, camping out without showers, loos, electric lights & appliances, and dogs as bedmates...............it must be the way of the Aussie trialer nationwide. Great Fun, though.

Kerry
My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am.
Kerry Webster

great trial

Postby Kate Ord » Fri 16 Apr 2004 5:45 pm

The Easter trial at Benalla was my first ever retrieving trial, and Rosie (the fluffy spoodle with the bad haircut) and I had a great time.

Thank you all for making us feel so welcome,

Kate :D :D :D
Kate Ord

Next

Return to General