Death of a Champion

For discussion on anything retrieving related - trialing, training equipment, news, etc.

Moderator: Peter Butterfield

Death of a Champion

Postby Kerry Webster » Tue 13 Apr 2004 7:48 pm

Hi Everyone,

Unfortunately I have the very sad task of informing you all of the sudden death of R.T.Ch Monterey Field Twist (Imp NZ) AD ET

Those of you who attended the Benalla Easter trials would have seen Twist there with Alan Bartram, competing in All Age, and being pickup dog for Alan during his judging of two of the stakes.

Twist had a wonderful time during his stay in Victoria, enjoying playing with the Eltringham dogs, and being his usual robust self at the trials. Today, Alan and Twist were to come home to W.A. but this morning Alan found Twist had died in his sleep during the night. His head was resting on his paws just as if he was in a peaceful sleep.

Alan is devastated of course, and had the difficult task of flying home with an empty crate. Twist's owners, Norma Turner and Jean & Dave Henderson are very upset to lose such a great Golden Retriever, and the whole of the Retrieving fraternity in W.A. are in shock at the loss of such a vibrant and loved retriever.

I am sure all of us feel deeply for Alan, who has loved, cajoled and trialed Twist through to his Champion title, and to his owners Norma, Jean & Dave, and I will pass on any condolences from members of this site to them.

Kerry
Kerry Webster

Postby Kirsty Blair » Tue 13 Apr 2004 7:57 pm

:shock: I can't believe he's gone. My sincere condolences to Alan as well as Twist's owners.

I guess its the end we would hope for all of the ones we love - happy and active and then peaceful sleep.

Kirsty
Kirsty Blair

Postby Steve Hall » Tue 13 Apr 2004 8:26 pm

To Alan, both Marg and I are sorry to hear about Twist passing so suddenly, you must be devestated.
Steve
Steve Hall

Postby Prue Winkfield » Wed 14 Apr 2004 9:07 am

Please pass on condolances to Alan and Marg - Twist looked so well over Easter, it is hard to believe. Prue
Prue Winkfield

Postby Joe Law » Wed 14 Apr 2004 8:46 pm

Kerry,
Mary and I would very much like you to pass on our condolences to Alan,Norma, Jean and Dave. The news came as a shock to us coming so soon after enjoying the company of Alan and Twist at Benalla
Joe Law

Postby Maureen Cooper » Wed 14 Apr 2004 10:08 pm

Just arrived home to check the site and read such news, please pass on my sympathy to Alan,Norma, Jean and Dave and will try to contact Alan and Norma personally too. I guess we all would like our dogs to go like this but not interstate.

Maureen
Maureen Cooper

Postby Julie Cramond » Fri 23 Apr 2004 3:37 pm

Alan I am sorry to hear of the recent death of your darling. I did notice him and his lovely grey muzzle at the Easter trial.

I know this is a bit girlie but I liked it when Emailed to me today.

I explained to St Peter,

I'd rather stay here, outside the Pearly Gate.

I won't be a nuisance, I won't even bark!

I'll be very patient and wait.

I'll be here chewing on a celestial bone,

No matter how long you may be ......

I'd miss you so much if I went in alone,

It just would not be heaven for me.
Julie Cramond

Return to General