introduction

For discussion on anything retrieving related - trialing, training equipment, news, etc.

Moderator: Peter Butterfield

introduction

Postby paul young » Fri 16 Apr 2004 8:45 am

hello everyone! i am an amateur trainer/trialer/hunt tester/judge from connecticut in the U.S.

i learned of this site from Julie Cramond. always looking to expand my body of knowledge, and i am enjoying the training culture i see posted here.

i'll likely be reading more than posting.............-paul
if at first you don't succeed, RELOAD!
paul young

Postby Teresa Parkinson » Fri 16 Apr 2004 10:17 am

Hi Paul! Glad to have you aboard. I see your name regularly on RTF so I feel like I know you already. :lol:

Hope you find time (and the inclination) to add to our discussions. The more the merrier.

Teresap
Teresa Parkinson

Postby Peter Betteridge » Fri 16 Apr 2004 11:14 am

paul
are the the famous "amish" trainer refered to on RFT board.And is it true that only 3 of you exist at top level trialling in the US of A
regards peter betteridge
Peter Betteridge

Postby paul young » Fri 16 Apr 2004 1:57 pm

:lol: famous???????????......maybe Andy Warhol was right after all....

there are very few non-collar trainers competing at ANY level of field trial or hunt test over here, but there are many more than 3! most will say it can't be done. with a good dog and knowledge, patience,a training group and good training grounds it's quite possible. as you folks prove all the time. 8) -paul
if at first you don't succeed, RELOAD!
paul young

Postby Prue Winkfield » Fri 16 Apr 2004 2:18 pm

Welcome Paul - we have spoken before on RTF so also feel I know you. Prue
Prue Winkfield

Postby Julie Cramond » Tue 20 Apr 2004 11:34 am

Good day Paul.

I have great memories of finally meeting you at the Shorelines trial, and of course having dinner with you and your wife, Anne. You also gave me lunch too during the competition.

One thing is for sure, I can never complain about helping at a trial "downunder" again, the size of the competitons in the US is huge, untl the call backs slowly filter them out. I also remember when I was placing the blind at the Amateur National being stirred regarding my accent when replying on the two way, "blind down", after running back up the hill and talking to all the dead birds to pass my time, besides looking at the snow capped mountains.

Big time welcome to you. You will be a great asset to this forum, as you have had experience in great training groups, pros, and have also competed in hunt tests and field trials (US style), not to be confused with Australian field trials.
Julie Cramond

Return to General