vale featherhunt jet black

For discussion on anything retrieving related - trialing, training equipment, news, etc.

Moderator: Peter Butterfield

vale featherhunt jet black

Postby Peter Betteridge » Tue 11 May 2010 9:15 pm

i lost jet today due to an ulcer that burst on her lungs
she was a greatly loved part of our family and will be hugely missed
as a retriever jet was not spectacular she struggled with marking and only won one all age stake. she was an honest dog who tryed very hard and was very lightly trialed over the years
the picture above is of jet and her famous father blackie and was taken several years ago
Peter Betteridge

Re: vale featherhunt jet black

Postby Lara Preston » Tue 11 May 2010 9:27 pm

Peter, Im very sorry to read that you have lost Jet. Im sure you have many happy memories that will stay with you and keep you smiling and thinking of her for a very long time.

Lara & Stinger
Lara Preston

Postby Robert Tawton » Tue 11 May 2010 9:50 pm

Hi Peter,

Pam and wish to express our condolences and Jet will always be remembered.
Kindest regards, Robert T
Robert Tawton

Postby Mary Law » Wed 12 May 2010 9:34 am

Pete,
Joe and I are so sorry to hear of your loss with Jet as we know how close you are to your doggies. You'll have some lovely memories of her trying her heart out for you in the field. Remember the day when she battled her way out of that causeway in a torrent of water? Great spirit! You are in our thoughts.
Joe and Mary
Mary Law

Postby Howard » Wed 12 May 2010 11:32 am

Peter, I'm sorry for your loss.

Our dogs do not live anywhere near long enough. I'm glad for the time you had with her.
Howard Niemi

Enjoy the journey....the destination isn't all that it's cracked up to be! Rabbi 2003
Howard

Postby Judy Pannett » Wed 12 May 2010 11:34 am

Hi Peter,
Sorry to hear of your loss, I always look in results etc to see how other Featherhunt dogs are doing & It leaves a big hole in our hearts when we lose them.
Is her mum Karra?

Judy & Josh
Judy Pannett

Postby Peter Betteridge » Wed 12 May 2010 7:09 pm

wow thankyou everyone for your support and kind thoughts.Lara, bob and pam, howard, joe and mary and judy and josh. also a huge thankyou to wayne, joe and jack who took the time to ring me when they know im down , thanks guys i appreciate it
judy like u i watch the featherhunt dogs and secretly barrack for them jets mother is karra who is a daughter of dasha which is blackies litter sister. Dasha also died young as a 7 year old and i dont beleive john cauchi ever figured out why( but i may be wrong) John palmers dog sam who died at easter was a litter brother
is josh a karra pup or is he from the touch dasha or the ruff dasha mateings ??. I beleive jason ferris had a featherhunt bitch which was ruff over one of john cauchis girls , im not sure which one
i still have a feather hunt bitch left which i am currently trialling which is a touch x dasha mateing
good luck with josh
Peter Betteridge

Postby Peter Betteridge » Wed 12 May 2010 7:34 pm

here is some video footage of jet doing a corner cheater from last year
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuSfbRxka2E
and here is jet demonstrating how to develop a spinning sit
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOgGcUd_GcA
Peter Betteridge

Postby Jason Ferris » Wed 12 May 2010 9:12 pm

Sorry to hear about your loss Peter. My thoughts are with you.

Peter Betteridge wrote: I beleive jason ferris had a featherhunt bitch which was ruff over one of john cauchis girls , im not sure which one

I re-homed my Featherhunt bitch, Sandy, with my Mum and Dad in Adelaide a few years ago. Unfortunately she got into some rat bait and was put down about a fortnight ago because of the resulting liver damage. She was my first retrieving trial dog.
Jason Ferris
Board Admin

Postby Judy Pannett » Wed 12 May 2010 9:21 pm

Hi Peter,
Yes Josh is also by Blackie from Karra, he is the same litter as your girl & Sam.

Judy & Josh
Judy Pannett

Postby Peter Betteridge » Thu 13 May 2010 1:23 pm

crickey jason
sorry to hear that about your first retrieving trial dogi
it has been a very very average month for featherhunt dogs
Isnt there a featherhunt dog in queensland that got its title???? was it featherhunt kit?? maybe im wrong
jason who was sandys mother?? and am i right that sandy was by "ruff"
does anyone know the where abouts of any progeny from the touch +dasha mateing of 2001 i have a bitch from that mateing and i know john palmer had a dog called "rip" that tragically died at 9 months of age
Peter Betteridge

Postby Allan Bartram » Fri 14 May 2010 10:47 am

Hi Peter,
So sorry to read about your loss, as you say a very very average time for the Featherhunt dogs.
Featherhunt Kit has indeed got her RT Ch title and she is owned by Eddie Frandsen here in WA. Unfortunatley Eddie has not been in the best of health recently. and we haven't seen "Dixie" competing this year.
I believe the Queensland dog you are thinking about is Featherhunt Susan who I believe also has her RT Ch.

Cheers
Allan
Allan Bartram

Postby Peter Betteridge » Sun 16 May 2010 8:18 pm

thanks Allan
who owns rtch featherhunt susan?? and does anyone have any details on this bitch????
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbEQxeu0R_g
here is another featherhunt dog demonstrating the yes no drill
this bitch is from the touch dasha litter of 01 which i was asking about in my last post. it was a litter of 10 pups and someone must know where the other 8 went
Peter Betteridge

Return to General