Christchurch

For discussion on anything retrieving related - trialing, training equipment, news, etc.

Moderator: Peter Butterfield

Christchurch

Postby Prue Winkfield » Fri 25 Feb 2011 9:40 am

We have all seen the devastating pictures from Christchurch and wonder how our friends in the world of field/retrieving trials have fared. Has anyone any news?
Prue Winkfield

Re: Christchurch

Postby Jadine MacKenzie » Tue 01 Mar 2011 12:09 am

This is all that I have heard, from a GSP friend in the North Island ...

All the GSP people are safe as far as we know, but not sure on the status of the house of one - she was in the process of selling buying and not sure if she had taken possession - the area she is moving too hasn't fared so well.

Amongst the newly formed lagotto club people (most are in Chris tchurch ) they are all okay. The secretary emailed late on the Tuesday as they were praying for their daughter who was trapped in a building and they heard mid Wednesday afternoon she was at the hospital being operated on.
Dedicated to the breeding and promotion of versatile German Shorthaired Pointers.
Jadine MacKenzie

Re: Christchurch

Postby Kerry Webster » Wed 02 Mar 2011 10:41 am

I have just heard from Karen Parnell who lives just 10 klm out of Christchurch, and she and her dogs are fine, although the aftershocks which are still happening, do give some concern. One of Karen's friends was in Christchurch during the quake and had been in the CTV building only 45 minutes before it happened. Luckily, she is ok, but shaken by the event.

Kerry
My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am.
Kerry Webster

Return to General