Help for new enthusiasts

For discussion on anything retrieving related - trialing, training equipment, news, etc.

Moderator: Peter Butterfield

Help for new enthusiasts

Postby Roz Buckley » Sun 13 Mar 2011 8:53 am

Hi All,
Now that there is a retrieving ability test for gundogs I am getting interested people asking where they can go for assistance. I am helping people in the Morwell. Myself and Dean helping in Sale and Bairnsdale areas. Anyone else interested is welcome to join us.
I am looking for names of people who would be contacts in as many localities as possible who would be able to give a hand to get these people involved. It would be good to have a list of names to pass on. Please let me know where you are and we may just have a few more triallers in the future.
This new event has created a fair bit of interest. Some only interested in another title and may not go any further while some are really seeing their dogs ability shine. I had a lady with a Gordon Setter yesterday who thought her dog would never do any retrieving. After a little training she came back flying with the dummy. Another was a six year old lab who totally surprised her owners.
Hoping to hear from you.
Roz
Roz Buckley

Re: Help for new enthusiasts

Postby Diane McCann » Tue 15 Mar 2011 1:51 pm

Roz Buckley wrote: I had a lady with a Gordon Setter yesterday who thought her dog would never do any retrieving. After a little training she came back flying with the dummy.

Now that would have been very impressive Roz, a flying dog!! :P
Diane
Diane McCann

Postby Roz Buckley » Tue 15 Mar 2011 8:38 pm

Hi Di, Yes it was a site. All that lovely flowing hair . Are you coming on Sunday to give us a hand. I was hoping to get some replies to my post with offers of training for any interested people who get interested to trial, but no takers as yet. Are you interested. There must be some people who get together who can lend a hand in different localities.
Wanted them by Sat. so I could pass some on.
Roz
Roz Buckley

Postby Trevor Stow » Wed 16 Mar 2011 11:49 am

Ros

I am happy to give you a hand if there is one in Bairnsdale

Trevor
Trevor Stow

Postby Diane McCann » Wed 16 Mar 2011 5:17 pm

Hi Roz, yes you can pass on my details to anyone interested in retrieving, but I do not know a great deal about the new competition. Sorry I can't help out on Sunday, I will be at Cohuna for some shows. I hope that you have a good day
Diane
Diane McCann

Postby Prue Winkfield » Wed 16 Mar 2011 7:29 pm

Roz - I don't know anything about the new 'sport' but if anyone wants help with retrieving out Ballarat way would be happy to help. Prue
Prue Winkfield

Postby Roz Buckley » Wed 16 Mar 2011 7:50 pm

Hi Di, Thanks for offering to assist. I think it would be great to be able to give out some contact names where people can seek help. There are a lot out there who just don't know where to go to get started and a lot of breed clubs don't have practice days for retrieving. It's not about the new ability test its about help being out there for possible newies to the sport.
Hope you may also have a look at the RATG and then maybe get some more GSP owners involved.
Roz Buckley

Postby Roz Buckley » Wed 16 Mar 2011 7:53 pm

Thanks Trev. I already have you listed to give help to anyone interested in getting into trialing. There may never be a RAGT trial in B'dale but when Morwell has theirs I hope you will either enter or come along and assist. :)
Roz Buckley

Postby Roz Buckley » Wed 16 Mar 2011 7:56 pm

That's great Prue. I may already have one for you. There is a girl hoping to get down on Sunday from Ballarat and she is extremely keen to get into retrieving. Just shifted from Qld with her NSTTR's.
Roz Buckley

Postby Dodo Kelly » Thu 17 Mar 2011 9:41 am

I meet up with a small group interested in Retrieving in the Eastern suburbs (Croydon area).
Anyone interested is welcome. Call me on 0409 028 200.
See everyone at KCC Park on Sunday.
Cheers Dodo
Dodo Kelly

Postby Margaret Hall » Thu 17 Mar 2011 7:50 pm

Hi Dodo and Roz
Unfortunately Steve and I won't be at the park on the 20th but we will be doing a demo and instruction at the Labrador Club "What Can Labradors Do" day at the Park on Sunday 27th March. We hope to see some Lab enthusiasts there who may then go on to enter the RATG events.
Margaret
Margaret Hall

Return to General