W.A. RETRIEVING TRAINING CLASSES & RATG DEMO IN W.A.

For discussion on anything retrieving related - trialing, training equipment, news, etc.

Moderator: Peter Butterfield

W.A. RETRIEVING TRAINING CLASSES & RATG DEMO IN W.A.

Postby Kerry Webster » Sat 30 Apr 2011 5:36 pm

The following is a report sent to me by the Secretary of the Retrieving Club of W.A., Lynne Strang.

In March, the Retrieving Club of W.A. ran classes for beginners on four Sunday mornings. Jean and Dave Henderson and Iain McDonald kindly agreed to be the instructors. Attendance varied from 12 to 18 each day, comprising Labs, Goldies, Flatcoats, GSPs, and an English Springer. Handlers were able to practise early retrieving skills and were given printed lists of helpful books, DVDs, and websites. The new dogs showed a lot of potential for retrieving, so we hope their owners will keep practising ! They were encouraged to join training groups and were given details of trials so they can come and watch. The Retrieving Club also plans to hold a further three training mornings followed by a sausage sizzle. These will be held at properties where young dogs can become accustomed to the sound of primers in shotguns.

Also at the training, Allan Bartram conducted a demonstration of the Novice level of the RATG, assisted by Iain and his NSDTR, Garnet. Allan was the only person in W.A. qualified to judge RATG, but two others have recently qualified. It is hoped a few demonstrations will take place at Shows and Obedience Clubs soon. Then we can start running tests.

Thanks to Candice Van Wyk, a member of Jean and Dave's beginner class, for taking the photos.
_MG_0116Bones c small training.jpg
_MG_0116Bones c small training.jpg (170.39 KiB) Viewed 1413 times

_MG_0028Charlie3 small rc training.jpg
_MG_0028Charlie3 small rc training.jpg (218.11 KiB) Viewed 1413 times

_MG_0108Bonesa small training.jpg
_MG_0108Bonesa small training.jpg (162.64 KiB) Viewed 1413 times
My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am.
Kerry Webster

Return to General