RAIN, RAIN, RAIN

For discussion on anything retrieving related - trialing, training equipment, news, etc.

Moderator: Peter Butterfield

RAIN, RAIN, RAIN

Postby Kerry Webster » Mon 07 Jun 2004 6:34 pm

Hi Everyone,

Just to make you guys in the East envious, we have had heaps and heaps of rain over the past week or so. Just ask Gareth what it was like while he was over last weekend. Personally, at our farm, we had 123 mls in May and so far have had 62 mls for June.

Lovely and green over here too, and the search for water at sites has eased.

According to Gareth, it is as dry as *#@ over there. Also, I was told, "Cold ?? You don't know what cold is." Mind you the bodies in front of the fire said it all.

Cheers,

Kerry
My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am.
Kerry Webster

Postby Wayne Parkinson » Mon 07 Jun 2004 9:07 pm

Hi Kerry.

We had 2 days of drizzle last week. Not enough to finish the worst drought in the area for over 100 years.
Most of the state is still as dry as.

Our shortened duck season is over and given the conditions we were lucky to have one at all.

Thanks for rubbing it in.

Wayne P.
Wayne Parkinson

Postby Kerry Webster » Mon 07 Jun 2004 10:52 pm

Hi Wayne,

That is Victoria you are talking about, isn't it ?? I think that is where you live. Can't believe it could be so dry there. I always remember Melbourne as being one of the wettest places in Australia.

We too have a drought further east, and the farmers are hoping for much more rain. As usual, the coastal plain got the majority of the rain, and then all the suburban people think that's enough winter, turn on the sun. I'm afraid to tell them that rain fills the dams, which in turn flows through their taps. Over the escarpment here, we get less rain, but it has been a very good start for us this year.

I would love all those on the water supply to have to get their own water and watch every drop like we have to, and know how precious water is.

I sympathise with you Wayne, and hope some of these storms blow over your way and give you a huge soaking.

Kerry
My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am.
Kerry Webster

Postby Wayne Parkinson » Tue 08 Jun 2004 6:42 pm

I'm not sure if me getting a huge soaking is quite what I had in mind :lol:

The worst of it all is the final of the world duck hunting championship has had to be delayed until October when hunting on the rice fields starts.
This has given Graeme P time to further hone his gun handling skills. I hear he is going to the skeet grounds with Bob and Gareth.

Well this is one title that won't head to Canberra if I can help it.

Wayne P.
Wayne Parkinson

Return to General