Uncle Jacks Passing

For discussion on anything retrieving related - trialing, training equipment, news, etc.

Moderator: Peter Butterfield

Re: Uncle Jacks Passing

Postby Amand Golle » Fri 24 Feb 2012 2:08 pm

Our sincere condolances to Jack's family.

Our fond memories of Jack span over 35 years as an ambassador for the working gundog. He will be sorely missed.

May he rest in peace.
From Amand and Georgina
Amand Golle

Postby Jack Lynch » Fri 24 Feb 2012 5:05 pm

Dear Jack may you rest in peace.It was always a pleasure to meet up with you at the trials.Our deepest sympathy to his family from Jack and Christine Lynch.
Jack Lynch

Postby Rob & Sue » Fri 24 Feb 2012 6:23 pm

What a true gentleman, an ICON in the trialing fraternity, sadden to hear the passing of Uncle Jack, he always welcomed us from Queensland with a firm handshake and glowing smile, our sympathy to his family and friends, RIP Jack. Sue and Bob B
Rob & Sue

Postby Paula Davidson » Sat 25 Feb 2012 10:37 am

My Father, also called Jack(now dec.) and I, both had great respect for Jack Montasell, as a kind, but firm, Dog trainer, at the elite level of Retriever Dog Trials. We greatly appreciated the mammoth amount of work that Jack Montasell did in our early days (in the 80's) in the trialling scene. Jack's egalitarian personality meant he had time for a chat with everyone. Jack's fortitude in continuing on, in spite of what must have been severe pain from the condition that he had, makes him a hero - a person of outstanding courage and bravery. I will miss him.
Vale old timer. Rest in peace.
Paula Davidson

Postby Pauline Dunne » Sun 26 Feb 2012 7:07 am

We had a call last night from Jack's daughter to tell us the Funeral will be on Thursday 1st March @ 10:am @ Nelson Brothers in Williamstown.
I guess John Lawton will post further details.
Pauline Dunne
Pauline Dunne

Postby Kate Eltringham » Sun 26 Feb 2012 1:19 pm

Nelson Bros is on Koriot Creek Road, just by Woolworths and a child care centre, on the left as you are heading towards Altona.
Kate Eltringham

Postby Rachel Greaves » Sun 26 Feb 2012 5:52 pm

Hi all
Don't know anything about the whereabouts of Nelson's, but if you are looking at the GPS or the Melways etc I think you will find that this should be KOROROIT Creek Road
Thanks
Rachel
Rachel Greaves

Jack Montasell

Postby Jean Bird » Mon 27 Feb 2012 12:35 pm

I was lucky enough to have trialled under Jack here in South Australia and thoroughly enjoyed his runs. To me I will always remember him in his overalls and layback attitude. On behalf of the 'old triallers' here who knew him I wish to tender sympathy to his family on the passing of a never to be forgotten lovable man and also to his friends and fellow triallers who will also miss him greatly.
Jean Bird

Previous

Return to General