R T CH KAEMAJAE TAMMY (Tammy) - Championship results

For discussion on anything retrieving related - trialing, training equipment, news, etc.

Moderator: Peter Butterfield

Tammy's National Trial Results

Postby Pat Thorn » Mon 24 Feb 2003 10:27 am

From what I have gleaned from the National Retrieving Trial results from 1960's till now, Tammy stands out as the best performed dog in Nationals here in Australia.
Oh to have a dog 1/10th as good as Cass or Tammy !!
Pat
Pat Thorn

Tammy's Results

Postby Pat Thorn » Tue 25 Feb 2003 9:38 am

Who deleted Tammy's results?
Pat
Pat Thorn

tammy's results

Postby retriever staff » Tue 25 Feb 2003 1:30 pm

Pat
they have been moved to the articles page along with several other articles
retriever staff

Re: tammy's results

Postby Pat Thorn » Tue 25 Feb 2003 3:00 pm

retriever staff wrote:Pat
they have been moved to the articles page along with several other articles

This is a weakness of this forum then, because you should take the whole thread not just one item as it just screws the whole thread and it becomes meaningless. You left my article here, you should at least leave an audit of where you have moved it to.
I know it's early days, maybe that could be fixed. Check out how it's done on http://WWW.WOPR.COM !

Where's the articles page?? It's ok, you can stop looking for it, I found it under Articles/Archives on the Main page.
Pat
Pat Thorn

improving the bulletin board

Postby retriever staff » Tue 25 Feb 2003 5:25 pm

Pat
can you suggest any way to improve the bulletin board ?,I'm not sure what you mean.Its function was originally designed as a forum for peoples ideas and as an information service. I'm interested to find out if you had previously viewed the articles and archives page?Old results such as past state championships were put on the bulletin board in the hope that someone will be able to fill in the holes. Bill Baileys records are superb but not complete . I guess the bulletin board will go where ever everyone wonts it to go.It gets over 170 hits per week so I guess alot of people enjoy looking at it. I know we are very amateurish but any help would be appreciated.what parts do you like and what needs a little work?
thanks pat
retriever staff

Re: improving the bulletin board

Postby Pat Thorn » Wed 26 Feb 2003 10:27 am

retriever staff wrote:Pat
can you suggest any way to improve the bulletin board

Who am I speaking to?

Some points on the Bulletin Board.
1. One cannot reply to the Articles/Archives, only by putting a reply up there (eg. Bob Tawton) however I don't agree replies should go there. It clutters what an Archive should be.

2. If you move a post, you should move the entire thread.

3. It does not show what post you are responding to.

4. It needs a button to show the treeview of who replied to who.

5. It would be really nice to have more than one quote to appear in posts. There may be several points you wish to respond to and the Quotes stand out in the response.

6. When the mouse hovers over a smiley face, don't show the filename of the smiley face, just show what it is, eg. if smile face is :shock: (shocked) just show the word "Shocked" not the filename of "Icon_eek.gif". You do it correctly when a person is entering a message like this but not when a person is browsing the post.

I'm sure I will probably think of more as I browse this WebSite.
If a feature described above is already available then would you please enlighten me.

Cheers,
Pat
Pat Thorn

Return to General