Hall of Fame Resume's Help needed

For discussion on anything retrieving related - trialing, training equipment, news, etc.

Moderator: Peter Butterfield

Hall of Fame Resume's Help needed

Postby Margaret Hall » Wed 25 Apr 2012 11:02 am

I am currently getting together all the HOF resumes for the Victorian dogs and prominent people inducted into the HOF.
I am having a bit of trouble getting information about the following dogs:

RT & FT Ch PANTHERDELL PANTHER (1956-1967) Owned by George Daniell

Dual Ch BLACKFIELD GARRY (Imp UK) Owned by Jack Pontin and information about Jack Pontin himself inducted in 2004

I am also looking for a photograph of Tesrose Karla and Tesrose Chasa

If anybody out there has information or a history of these dogs can you please email me or call 0417164611
Your help would be appreciated.

Margaret Hall
Margaret Hall

Re: Hall of Fame Resume's Help needed

Postby Wayne Poholke » Thu 26 Apr 2012 10:52 am

Margaret I have a letter courtesy of George himself dated 1968 with all the performance records of Panther. This letter is a little faded now but I'm sure I will be able to decipher it and re-type it for you.

Many of the triallers of today would be amazed by the achievements of such brilliant dogs of the past like Panther, as is evidenced by his outstanding record in both field & retrieving trials Australia wide.

I believe I also have some photos of CHASA & KARLA amongst my many thousands of photos, I will try and hunt them out for you.

Regards
Wayne.
Wayne Poholke

Postby Margaret Hall » Thu 26 Apr 2012 10:04 pm

HI Wayne
Thanks for that, I really appreciate the help with finding some of the old dogs information.

Look forward to seeing what you can send.

Margaret
Margaret Hall

Postby Margaret Hall » Sat 29 Sep 2012 11:26 am

Hi everybody
Elio and I on behalf of the National RAFT committee have been working on the HOF inductee resume's to get them on the ANKC website for people to read.

To date we have received most of the resume's but are still waiting on a few from State delegates that need to be finalised, things were held up due to the Nationals understandably.

I am also trying to obtain a photograph of Cec Adkins from SA if anybody has one for his resume I would appreciate that.

I am working on Jack Thomson and his dog Dunfriu Nicholas if anybody has photographs of those inductees it would also be appreciated.
Another dog I am trying to source a photograph of is Marnissa Marsden.

When Elio is back from O/Seas we will be finalising the information and sending them to the ANKC for posting on the website, once it is up and running we will let you all know.

Margaret Hall
Margaret Hall

Postby Margaret Hall » Wed 24 Oct 2012 6:55 pm

For those of you out there interested.
The HOF resume's are coming along nicely. I received responses back from my last post and have also had emails from state delegates that are working on some of the outstanding resumes.
Now that the Nationals are over and we are slowly winding down to Christmas I think we are well on the way to having all the work done in the next month or so.

Once finished it will be sent off the the ANKC for posting on the website for all to see. It has been great to read the resume's and see just what great work people have done over the years for Retrieving & Field trials especially some of the older inductees that we may not know well or who put in a great amount of work for the sport in the early days.
The achievements of the dogs is also outstanding and I am sure we will have more inductees in the future.

Once all the resumes are completed and on the ANKC website I will let you know so you too can enjoy reading about the achievements and contributions these dogs and people have done for our sport.

Margaret
Margaret Hall

Postby Margaret Hall » Mon 26 Nov 2012 7:32 pm

Urgently needed:

Picture of Jack Thomson
Picture of Dunfriu Nicholas
Picture of Marnissa Marsden

We have nearly all the resume's finished for the HOF and want to post them ready for the new year so please clean out your picture cupboard and find a picture for me.........your help would be appreciated.

bambillaylabs@optusnet.com.au

Margaret Hall
Margaret Hall

Postby Prue Winkfield » Tue 27 Nov 2012 8:40 am

Margaret - try Vicki Thomas for the first two. Prue
Prue Winkfield

Return to General