Lab Club Trial Dinner Saturday Night

For discussion on anything retrieving related - trialing, training equipment, news, etc.

Moderator: Peter Butterfield

Lab Club Trial Dinner Saturday Night

Postby John Lawton » Wed 25 Apr 2012 9:18 pm

Hi Everyone, Re: Victorian Lab Trial 5 & 6 May at Loddings Seymour
Major Karl Britton has organized a dinner at the Pucka army camp in the officers mess for Saturday night, with bus pick up and drop off.
I have been invited into the Mess and it is an amazing place to visit. The dinner is a three course silver service dinner.

We need to have a minimum 20 people for this to proceed, would you be interested?
The cost is $25 per head - where would you get a three course meal with waiter service at this price?

We need numbers for this to proceed, booking to be made by monday for the chef to order the food.

Please let me know so I can make a booking

Cheers

John

Dear John,

Menu; As you can see from below we can do a 3 course roast dinner with two choices each for $25 dollars ahead.

Entree
Minestrone

Mains
Lasagne
Roast Turkey with Gravy
Roast Potato
Peas & Corn

Dessert
Fresh Fruit Salad
Bread & Butter Pudding

The menu may change slightly, i.e. different soup, different roast, but I will keep you informed, it all depends on what the Chef has ordered and has delivered.

Numbers; I have initially indicated for 20 people,

Bar; The the Bar will be open on arrival and the drinks will be served at cost, we also have an extensive collection of reasonably priced wines.

Transport; The transport, I have available a coaster bus which can carry 22 people, I would require payment on the evening (We can collect that at the Bar or on the Bus)

Timings; I would do one trip in, leaving the camp site at 1730hrs to arrive at the Mess at 1800hrs.

Then a return trip leaving the Mess at 2100hrs to drop every one back at Loddens at 2130hrs, I can make this sooner if required.

Security, entry to the base; If I get a list of personnel I will do a block booking at the front gate house and then all they will need his picture I.D. (i.e. Vehicle driving licence etc) to show the Guard on the Bus and have there name ticked off against the entry list.

Dress/Clothing; Any thing clean and tidy but no jeans or Gum boots.

Attendance; Finally and I will need this confirmed on Monday the latest, the most important part so we can order the food, I will need an accurate list of expected attendance and names. Once I have ordered the food I can not give refunds.

Kind regards

Karl Britton
John Lawton

Re: Lab Club Trial Dinner Saturday Night

Postby Prue Winkfield » Thu 26 Apr 2012 12:48 pm

Would there be any chance of a pick up from Seymour itself or would I be able to drive in myself?
Prue Winkfield

Postby John Lawton » Thu 26 Apr 2012 8:01 pm

Hi Prue
we can have a pick up say at the hamburger little shop beside the pub in the main street from the highway -Emily Street.
we will work out the pick up time on saturday morning.
John Lawton

Postby Prue Winkfield » Fri 27 Apr 2012 9:19 am

Thanks - I am staying opposite so will be perfect - count me in.
Prue Winkfield

Return to General