Yank RIP

For discussion on anything retrieving related - trialing, training equipment, news, etc.

Moderator: Peter Butterfield

Yank RIP

Postby Prue Winkfield » Fri 25 May 2012 10:09 am

On behalf of Julie Cramond it is with great sadness I have to report that Adderslot Star Spangled Yank RRD (Yank) died suddenly of bloat early on Wednesday morning. Our condolences go especially to Julie and Andrew but also to Gareth, Shiv and Riley where recently Yank has lived, been trained and trialled. May he rest in peace.
Prue Winkfield

Re: Yank RIP

Postby Peter and Helen Eley » Fri 25 May 2012 2:40 pm

Condolences to Julie and Andrew. Bloat is a terrible thing and we hope Yanks passing was peaceful. He was a dog we will always remember
Peter and Helen Eley

Postby Bill Hepburn » Sat 26 May 2012 7:46 am

sad news indeed
Bill Hepburn

Postby Emma LeCras » Sat 26 May 2012 7:02 pm

Very sorry to hear the news today at the retrieving trial when I had the pleasure of meeting his son HUNTER.
Emma LeCras

Postby Gareth Tawton » Sun 27 May 2012 1:47 pm

Siobhan Riley and I will miss the loveable rogue that Yank was. His death is a sad waste of a wonderful dog. He trained well the night before his death, layed in front of the fire a happy healthy dog that night and was gone less than 8 hours later.

I have had the pleasure of both running and watching some fantastic dogs over the years. I can say without doubt Yank was one of the most if not the most naturally gifted and talented retrievers I have ever seen. The time I have spent with him changed my entire outlook on working retrievers, their natural abilities and the importance of their genetics.
Thankfully his genetics have been made available to the wider retriever community and I am sure Yank will make his mark on retrieving in Australia thru some of his prodginy which are currentley with some excellent trainers around the country.

RIP Yank

Gareth
Gareth Tawton

Postby Diane McCann » Mon 28 May 2012 8:00 pm

Very sad news Julie, must have been just awful for you Gareth, nice to know that his progeny - those on the ground and those to come - will keep Yank as part of the trialling scene for many years to come
Diane
Diane McCann

Postby John Cash » Sun 10 Jun 2012 8:56 pm

II am saddened to hear of Yanks passing. I know how disapointed Gareth must feelI hope that that the pup I have ,that he has sired will turn out to be as good as him'.
John Cash

Return to General