NSW Hunting

For discussion on anything retrieving related - trialing, training equipment, news, etc.

Moderator: Peter Butterfield

NSW Hunting

Postby Prue Winkfield » Wed 30 May 2012 9:15 pm

Am I dreaming or had a couple of reds too many but is NSW going to intoruduce quail and duck hunting legislation withing the next couple of months?!
Prue Winkfield

Re: NSW Hunting

Postby Gareth Tawton » Thu 31 May 2012 8:27 am

Hi Prue,

That is correct. Check out the FGA website to read the media statement from the NSW Govt. It seems not a traditional "season"but all the same, legal hunting of duck and quail. This should be great news to NSW trialling as the fall in trialling numbers in NSW over the last 15 or so years is in line with the loss of a duck and quail season.

Gareth
Gareth Tawton

Postby Trevor Stow » Thu 31 May 2012 7:09 pm

The shooters party, consisting of 2 sitting members, did a deal with the Governemnt to pass leglisation to sell 2 power stations in return for a duck and quail season and hunting in 79 parks. Let's hope that everybody gets behind the Country Alliance in Victoria at the next election. We may get improvements in our hunting also.
Trevor Stow

Postby Steve Grainger » Mon 04 Jun 2012 11:05 am

This is long over due for NSW and It's still got to go through the red tape process but they are saying it could be in by the end of the year.

I know some of the ducks can't wait.
Duck Hunter decoy.jpg
Duck Hunter decoy.jpg (31.12 KiB) Viewed 2448 times

pardon my humour.

Steve.
Steve Grainger

Return to General