Vale Rt Ch Majoley Rags T Riches NFD 26/7/1998 – 3/7/2012

For discussion on anything retrieving related - trialing, training equipment, news, etc.

Moderator: Peter Butterfield

Vale Rt Ch Majoley Rags T Riches NFD 26/7/1998 – 3/7/2012

Postby Susie Partridge » Wed 11 Jul 2012 5:48 pm

Geordie was put to sleep on Tuesday July 3rd, at home with me and the other three dogs beside him. He was diagnosed with two different tumours in his nose and soft pallet in early April. But thanks to some great veterinary care, he was still walking twice a day, albeit a little more slowly than the others, and eating happily right up until the day before.
We certainly didn’t set the world on fire with results, but we had our moments, winning a handful of All Age Trials, and a couple of Novice Field Trials. We bombed out of more trials than we finished, but he always enjoyed himself, preferring to work on his own.
We had a few highlights over the years. We had a couple of trips across the Strait, winning a Restricted Trial at the Victorian GHWGC Easter trial in 2001. But we also competed in a summer Victorian trial, where Geordie decided it was just far too hot, left the trial site and went for a swim – in the middle of his second run. He gained the Highest Scoring Tasmanian Dog Trophy, and Judge’s Choice Trophy for top scoring the fourth run of the Tassie National in 2003.
Geordie’s main job in life was as my companion, and at that he excelled. He will be missed.
Susie Partridge

Re: Vale Rt Ch Majoley Rags T Riches NFD 26/7/1998 – 3/7/201

Postby Joe Law » Thu 12 Jul 2012 9:29 am

My memory of Geordie is of a fine Labrador both in type and temperament who in his early days showed plenty of retrieving instinct. He was your mate,Susie,and you provided him with a wonderful life. Well done and I can understand your sadness in being separated from him now.
Joe Law

Postby Wayne Parkinson » Sat 14 Jul 2012 8:27 pm

Sorry to hear about Geordie passing Susie. I can only guess how hard this time is for you.
I have fond memories of seeing him when you both came over.
Regards
Wayne and Teresa Parkinson
Wayne Parkinson

Postby Jack Lynch » Tue 07 Aug 2012 5:15 pm

Dear Sue, sorry to be so late in acknowledging your sad loss as we have been away for a while and just returned home to read your lovely Geordie as gone to the happy hunting grounds in the sky.I was very fortunate to have had the pleasure of awarding him first place several years ago in all age which you both well deserved.That evening we both celebrated his RT.CH. Title with a couple of whisky`s.Remember these good times love.Kindest regards from Jack and Christine.XX
Jack Lynch

Return to General