People to learn from and a place to train - Brisbane

For discussion on anything retrieving related - trialing, training equipment, news, etc.

Moderator: Peter Butterfield

People to learn from and a place to train - Brisbane

Postby Chris Wardrop » Mon 27 Aug 2012 10:36 am

Hi everyone,
I own a labrador, Oscar, who is almost three years old. When I bought him the plan was to train him to retrieve, compete in some trials and take him into the field. We were living in Darwin at the time and Karl Britton was a great help in teaching me how to train a puppy.

But before my dog had turned one I went overseas for nine months and his training suffered. Since then we left Darwin for Brisbane and for a variety of reasons it has not been until recently that I've been able to take up his training again.

I'd love to find someone close to home to teach me, and find a place to safely train Oscar (other than the dog park). We live in the Upper Kedron/ Keperra area but I'm happy to travel on the weekends for training sessions.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Chris
Chris Wardrop

Re: People to learn from and a place to train - Brisbane

Postby Chris Wardrop » Tue 28 Aug 2012 9:14 am

Hey everyone, just a quick follow up. I've now found someone to train with in the Brisbane area. I had two offers, one of them is much closer to home than the other.

Thanks for the help and I look forward to contributing to the forum in the future.

Cheers

Chris
Chris Wardrop

Return to General