Vale - David Cartledge

For discussion on anything retrieving related - trialing, training equipment, news, etc.

Moderator: Peter Butterfield

Vale - David Cartledge

Postby wendy davis » Tue 28 Aug 2012 8:15 am

I know lots of you will remember Dave, he was a founding member and Vice President of the CHWGC and an integral part of the Clubs early achievements.
David and wife Merridee were breeders of Weimaraners and successfully trialled the best Wei I have seen called "Beau" he then obtained a Labrador and again had imediate success. Dave was a thoughtfull and talented dog trainer.
Unfortunately for our club and the sport in general Dave and Merridee bought a business that involved 7 days a week commitment and we lost them.
Dave was a dedicated family man and was devoted to his two boys Nathan and Joel who have grown up to be fine young men.
I was priveleged to have hunted often with Dave over the years, we enjoyed many a fine red and some great hunting. Dave was an excellent shot and would regularly clean up the birds that got through me.
David only found out in May that he had inoperable cancer they gave him until the end of the year. He died on Friday the 24th August he was 54.
On behalf of all triallers I would like to pass on our deepest sympathy to Merridee, Nathan and Joel.
For those of you who would like to attend the service it will be held on Thursday 2pm @ Doveton Park Funeral Home 1251 Doveton St Ballarat.

Mark Davis
wendy davis

Re: Vale - David Cartledge

Postby Rachel Greaves » Tue 28 Aug 2012 8:39 am

Very sad news indeed. I heard only a few weeks ago that he was having treatment and responding well
Dave was a tireless worker for the CH Club in the early days.
A good friend and a generous, cheerful colleague.
Love and condolences to Meridee and the boys - Dave will be greatly missed

Rachel
Rachel Greaves

Postby Prue Winkfield » Tue 28 Aug 2012 10:35 am

Condolences to Merridee and the boys - David was a lovely man and tireless worker on behalf of the CHWGC in earlier days. Have many happy memories of meetings in his and Merridee's house in Ballarat and shopping in their Ballarat shop at Christmas time.
Prue Winkfield

Postby Leanne O'Sullivan » Tue 28 Aug 2012 6:25 pm

Very sad news indeed. I have fond memories of Dave and Meridee - Dave was such a gentlman and both were just a lovely couple.

Leanne
Leanne O'Sullivan

Postby Diane McCann » Tue 28 Aug 2012 7:09 pm

Oh, so sad. God life sucks sometimes!
Diane
Diane McCann

Return to General