VGC Training Day

For discussion on anything retrieving related - trialing, training equipment, news, etc.

Moderator: Peter Butterfield

VGC Training Day

Postby Gareth Tawton » Mon 25 Feb 2013 11:15 am

Hi All,

The final day of our series of training days is this Sunday. Kick off will be 8.30-9.00am. Traing will be for the first half of the day and based around preparing for the beginners test being held in the afternoon by the GSP Club. I would expect we will finish about 12 break for lunch and then start the beginners test.

Location.

Switzerland Rd Yea.

Ghin Ghin Rd is about 3 or 4km's out of Yea on the Goulburn Valley Hwy. Take Ghin Ghin Rd for I guess about 8km (this is a guess but we will have signs out ) Turn Right onto Switzerland Rd and follow this into the property and parking area. Camping is available onsite Saturday afternoon for those that would like to camp. Good luck to those entering the beginners test.

Gareth
Gareth Tawton

Re: VGC Training Day

Postby Melissa Plant » Thu 28 Feb 2013 11:50 am

Hi,

Are bookings essential for this? Don't want to bother Prue if it's not required. :)

Mel.
Melissa Plant

Postby Prue Winkfield » Thu 28 Feb 2013 4:10 pm

It would be no bother Melissa but bookings are not required - hope you enjoy the day.
Prue Winkfield

Postby Melissa Plant » Sat 02 Mar 2013 4:23 pm

Thanks Prue! :)
Melissa Plant

Postby Margaret Hall » Sun 03 Mar 2013 9:41 pm

It was great to see all the people at the last of the three training days put on by the VGC. The Beginners Test run by the GSP club in conjunction with the training also proved successful, with a good entry.

The three days have proved very successful with many people going to each one and I would like to say thank you to the very willing band of helpers that Gareth and Prue have been able to obtain to help with these days.

It was great to see everybody pitching in to help out newcomers with their dogs and offer advice and information about training their various gundogs.

I look forward to seeing how many come along to the Lab. Club trial for Easter and try out this wonderful sport we have.

Margaret Hall
Margaret Hall

Postby Prue Winkfield » Tue 05 Mar 2013 2:13 pm

Now that our three training days are over on behalf of the VGC and Gareth, without whom none of this would have happened, I would like to thank everyone who helped make the three days such a success. In particular I would like to thank the people who are not members of the Club (they should be!): Russell Thomas, Garrick Bridges, Trevor Stevens, Jim Hargreaves, John Lawton, Lyne Wyse and Heather Ellis all the way from WA. Russell and I believe Garrick worked hard on two of the three days a real commitment to our sport. Members of our Club included Kevin Andrews, Chris & Jac Van Eecklen, Sally Haynes, Greg Playdon, Rick Price, Karl Britten, Diane McCann and Richard Carr. Please accept my apologies if I have left anyone out.

Thank you to the GSP Club for putting on a Beginners Test so 'trainees' could see how far their dogs had come in the three months. To Kerry Winters with her Pointer dog - I believe congratulations are in order!

Especial thanks to our property owners who are essential to our activities: Tawtons, McLeans of St Anne's Winery and Switzerland (sorry don't know their names).

Wishing everyone involved an enjoyable and successful 2013. Prue
Prue Winkfield

Return to General