Just wondering

For discussion on anything retrieving related - trialing, training equipment, news, etc.

Moderator: Peter Butterfield

Just wondering

Postby Jerry Harris » Mon 19 Jul 2004 12:51 pm

Do you folks accept foreigners, like some old Texan???

Jerry
Jerry Harris

Postby Julie Cramond » Mon 19 Jul 2004 1:04 pm

Good day Jerry,

Great to see you here and keep on coming.
Julie Cramond

Postby Teresa Parkinson » Mon 19 Jul 2004 1:16 pm

Hi Jerry,

I see you lots on RTF (I'm just a lurker these days). Glad to have you aboard and hope to hear from you again.

And don't worry, there are lots of old foreigners on AWRC so I'm sure you'll feel right at home! :lol:

Teresap
Last edited by Teresa Parkinson on Mon 19 Jul 2004 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Teresa Parkinson

Postby Jerry Harris » Mon 19 Jul 2004 1:21 pm

:D I felt sure I could count on you, Julie!! Wasn't too sure about Wayne, but now that I see Teresa accepted me, I won't worry about Wayne. :D

Jerry
Jerry Harris

Postby Teresa Parkinson » Mon 19 Jul 2004 1:27 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Somehow, I can't see Wayne letting that one slide Jerry. :wink:

We can always do with some of your unique humour...bring it on!!!!

t
Teresa Parkinson

Postby Julie Cramond » Mon 19 Jul 2004 1:35 pm

I should be out training instead of fiddling on the net but I am stuck at home waiting waiting waiting for a dog food order.

Jerry when are you coming to visit us? BTW, you will have to kiss who I tell ya to and not wimp out with a handshake.

Bill and Becky were impressed with the dogs they saw Downunder. They could not believe how many dogs had improved since the last seminar. One thing he did mention was our control standards need to be lifted before competing with our dogs. He was again surprised how focused our dogs with much desire and trainability. But then again, we want the same out of our dogs as you do in the States as our hunting and competitions are quite similar.
Julie Cramond

Postby Jerry Harris » Mon 19 Jul 2004 2:13 pm

Julie, I ain't gonna kiss Eckett (but he does have soft hands :oops: ) and I ain't gonna kiss that other guy either, he's older than me!! Now get it out of your system.

I was sweet and told both of them that you had asked me to kiss them but I wasn't gonna do it!!!! They understood perfectly.

Now, if it was Jan Bunn or my recent Co-Judge Eleanor Trew, I would do it without thinking about it!!! :D :D

Jerry
Jerry Harris

Postby Wayne Parkinson » Mon 19 Jul 2004 8:14 pm

All right here are the rules.

RULE NO 1 No stealing our wimmen

RULE NO 2 No cooking for our wimmen

RULE NO 3 No telling our wimmen that everything is bigger in Texas

apart from that we should get along fine. :lol: :lol: :lol:

WayneP.

P.S. good to see you're alive and hopefully well Jerry
How are the dogs?
Wayne Parkinson

Postby Jerry Harris » Tue 20 Jul 2004 7:01 am

:D :D Wayne, wouldn't take much of a wind to blow me to Kansas, so I won't be saying anything about "everything is bigger"!!! :D :D

Dogs are relaxing as best they can here. No trials at this time of year because of the heat. Most have gone north. I thought mine were good until I read the post regarding "front delivery v. side delivery". My FC turns around 5-6 feet in front of me and backs up to my side, with his eyes locked on the next bird. Evidently, that would get me "booted".

Jerry
Jerry Harris

Postby Wayne Parkinson » Tue 20 Jul 2004 9:26 am

We would make allowances for visitors like yourself.
Anyway I prefer to think of rules as only a rough guide.

I only heard about Shayne's accident last week. He is lucky to be alive from the sound of it. Hopefully he is on the mend.

Waynep
Wayne Parkinson

Return to General