Automatic launcers - Bumper Boy

For discussion on anything retrieving related - trialing, training equipment, news, etc.

Moderator: Peter Butterfield

Automatic launcers - Bumper Boy

Postby Bob Pickworth » Fri 23 Jul 2004 9:46 pm

I am keen to invest in an automatic bird / bumper launcer. There are many to choose from.. I would be really keen to hear comments from anyone in Australia who has purchased and is using one (Bumper Boy, Gunners up, Tech-marc pro etc). Bob Pickworth - Sydney.
Bob Pickworth

Postby Kirsty Blair » Sat 24 Jul 2004 11:47 am

Hi Bob,

Julie Cramond is an agent for the Bumper Boy. Drop her a line - I'm sure she'll be able to give you lots of info.

Kirsty
Kirsty Blair

Postby Peter Betteridge » Sat 24 Jul 2004 3:13 pm

Bob
check out this site ,it gives reviews of all the major electronic throwing machines http://www.retrievertraining.net/forums/
hope this helps
regards peter betteridge
Peter Betteridge

bumper boy

Postby Bob Pickworth » Sun 25 Jul 2004 9:12 am

Peter, Kristy,
Thanks for the reply's. I've been in touch with Julier C, but she must be on holidays at the moment after the lectures of the previous week.. I am well familiar (now) witht he machines, but really want to speak to anyone who has or has used one. They are too expensive to "Buy and try" especially with the distance / postage / warranty issues.
Thanks again for your helpful input - it is appreciated.
Bob Pickworth
Bob Pickworth

Postby Julie Cramond » Wed 06 Oct 2004 6:15 pm

My latest order of 12 bumper boys arrived today. I am sorry for those who had previously ordered and have had to wait an extended time, but our Australian customs had some difficulty with the "superbirds" being cleared.

I am surprised that no previous buyers have answered the initial posters request for information regarding the pros and cons of using a remote thrower. Nevertheless all reports have been favourable.

I have at hand, a 4 shot demonstration model which I would be happy to mail to anyone thinking about buying a remote controlled thrower. If I do not know you, payment would be required in full, before I posted the bumper boy. If returned the monies would be instantly refunded.

Anyone interested in trying the unit would be required to pay postage costs. Approximately $30.00 Australia wide, each way.
Julie Cramond

Postby Julie Cramond » Mon 18 Oct 2004 10:25 am

The above shipment of 12 Bumper boys has been sold, except for one 2 shot.

As there have been many enquiries I am in the process of organising another order. Instead of Emailing everyone who have shown interest (as I do not want to put pressure on anyone), I thought it best to add to this thread.

If you wish to order a bumper boy, for delivery in the next 6 weeks please contact me.

Thanks.
Julie Cramond

Postby Jason Ferris » Mon 18 Oct 2004 10:40 am

Julie

To avoid everyone contacting you to ask the obvious question, can you post the current price list?

Cheers, Jason.
Jason Ferris
Board Admin

Return to General