Lithium Battery for Bumper Boy Transmitter

For discussion on anything retrieving related - trialing, training equipment, news, etc.

Moderator: Peter Butterfield

Lithium Battery for Bumper Boy Transmitter

Postby Sally Haynes » Fri 14 Jun 2013 9:51 am

I have one of the newer model BB's and am looking for a replacement lithium battery for the transmitter (http://www.bumperboy.com/tech_transmitter.php). I took the current battery to Jaycar Electronics - they tested it and confirmed it wasn't holding charge. They searched through their range of toy helicopter/2-way radio batteries for a replacement but the closest we could get was one that had the correct voltage (7.4) and connections but it was too wide. They couldn't/wouldn't order one in nor did they have any suggestions as to where I could source one. I have been in contact with BB who have said that it's unusual for one to fail so quickly but have offered no further help. If push comes to shove I will order one from the BB website but can anyone point me in the right direction to source one locally please?

Thanks in advance,

Sally.
Sally Haynes

Re: Lithium Battery for Bumper Boy Transmitter

Postby Prue Winkfield » Fri 14 Jun 2013 12:05 pm

Mine gave up the ghost so am using ordinary nonchargeable ones. Problem is that you don't get any warning when the battery runs low.
Prue Winkfield

Postby Sally Haynes » Fri 14 Jun 2013 12:15 pm

Thanks Prue. I haven't seen the old transmitter set up but the new transmitter battery has very small connections (similar to the servos) so I'm not sure where to even get a regular battery to suit it.
Sally Haynes

Postby Carlo Iacobucci » Mon 24 Jun 2013 8:53 am

perhaps you could change the terminals to suit a more readely available battery.
Carlo Iacobucci

Postby Robert Tawton » Tue 25 Jun 2013 7:24 pm

Battery World are worth a try as they can arrange for "special batteries" to be built to order.

BFN, Robert T
Robert Tawton

Postby Sally Haynes » Tue 25 Jun 2013 8:08 pm

Thanks Carlo and Robert - very much appreciated. We are trying the latter option at the moment so will see what can be done.

I'm not very impressed with BB as the battery is dated 2010 and I only purchased it late last year. Not any surprise it failed after 2.5 years sitting in a warehouse!

Cheers

Sally.
Sally Haynes

Return to General