Vic. NSW. Tassie 2013 Tour

For discussion on anything retrieving related - trialing, training equipment, news, etc.

Moderator: Peter Butterfield

Vic. NSW. Tassie 2013 Tour

Postby Ron Jackson » Fri 08 Nov 2013 9:40 am

We are on the last leg home and just wanted to say thanks to all the great people we have met, and those we have gotten to know better during our last ten weeks trailing from Sale, to Taree and Ross. Although competitively we spent most of the time in the gallery :lol: we have certainly learned a lot about trialling, training, people and possibly most importantly, about our own understanding and expectations of our dogs, which we hope to share with anyone willing at home.
We have seen sooo much of the eastern states and Tassie to boot. We have a great sport which has kept us entertained for some 35 years and we are now looking forward to that continuing with greater knowledge (and results !).
We congratulate those striving to better the sport in so many ways, the hard workers and support teams.
Ron and Cathie Jackson.
Ron Jackson

Re: Vic. NSW. Tassie 2013 Tour

Postby Kerry Webster » Sun 17 Nov 2013 4:21 pm

Ron and Cathie, hope you have arrived safely home to Queensland. I agree with you and wish to put in my six penneth worth in saying how lovely it was to visit Tasmania again (oh I love that state), and compliment the Tassie people in their friendship and how welcoming they were to us all. I think the weekend there was one of the nicest I have experienced in as much as the great spirit that the competition was held in, the lack of grumpiness and discontent, and the sheer hard work done by the small band of people involved in retrieving there. Apart from the usual freezing cold gale force wind on two days, the weather was remarkably kind to us. Just loved the terrain for the trials and the opportunity to pick up many ducks of different types. Congratulations Tassie on a wonderful weekend.

Kerry
My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am.
Kerry Webster

Re: Vic. NSW. Tassie 2013 Tour

Postby Peter Betteridge » Thu 05 Dec 2013 6:52 pm

I enjoyed getting to know u a bit at taree Ron
The queenslanders seem like a great bunch of people
Glad u enjoyed your trip and I was very impressed by your new pup
Peter Betteridge

Return to General