Bumper Boy Help Needed

For discussion on anything retrieving related - trialing, training equipment, news, etc.

Moderator: Peter Butterfield

Bumper Boy Help Needed

Postby Diane McCann » Thu 02 Jan 2014 10:08 am

Hi, I am having issues with my bumper boys (again). I cannot get any range on the transmitter talking to the receiver. I have two 2 shots and am having the problem with both of them so assume that the issue is with the transmitter. As soon as I get about 20 metres away the bumper boys do not pick up the signal, I have tested them close in and they both work OK.

I have charged the bumper boys, put a new battery in the transmitter, re-programmed the bumper boys, removed and re-attached the aerials and nothing has helped. I thought I had a replacement aerial but I don't, must have already used it. Do the aerials wear out? Is it possible to source a replacement now? Would it be possible to get a replacement transmitter from anywhere?

Thanks in advance for any help that you can provide, very frustrated!
Diane
Diane McCann

Re: Bumper Boy Help Needed

Postby Karl Britton » Thu 02 Jan 2014 11:26 am

Di,

Try Sporting Saint back in the UK, they have a stock of spares and parts, the only snag is, it costs an arm and a leg to post anything over here,

Regards,

Karl

http://www.sportingsaint.co.uk/category/10
Karl Britton

Postby Julie Cramond » Thu 02 Jan 2014 12:15 pm

Andrew says that it is not the transmitter or the receiver.

There is a wire inside the electronics that can break. The unit will still work at short distances with a broken wire. It needs to be taken apart and resoldered.

Andrew will fix for a slab...his words not mine.
Julie Cramond

Postby Diane McCann » Thu 02 Jan 2014 2:20 pm

Julie, tell Andrew I will give him two slabs! Thank you, I will give you a call.

Thanks Karl, if the wonderful Andrew is not able to fix it then I will give your link a try.

Cheers,
Diane
Diane McCann

Postby Luke Dixon » Thu 02 Jan 2014 3:03 pm

Sorry to hijack the thread, but could anyone let me know if Bumper boys are still available in Australia and who I should contact about them.
Luke Dixon

Postby Peter and Helen Eley » Thu 02 Jan 2014 4:16 pm

Ramset cartridges, all the same length and use either Yellow or Green. They should not cost you any more than $15.00 a box, I get them in Melbourne for $50 for 4 boxes.
Peter and Helen Eley

Postby Gareth Tawton » Thu 02 Jan 2014 7:47 pm

Di

Andrew is probably right. I have also found as the plastic gears in the servos wear they become unreliable. I can buy the servos in Bendigo for $15 or metal geared ones for $20. You can also buy a servo tester from a model shop for less than $20.

On the subject of .22 blanks. Powers is the opposition to ramset. I buy them for about $14 per hundred. Try any bolts and fastener type place.

Luke
I understand bumper boy have closed down in the US. I know a guy who has purchased to of the single shot versions from the UK. I haven't seen them yet but expect to catch up with him soon. I'll let you know what they are like.

Gareth
Gareth Tawton

Return to General