Easter Trial and others

For discussion on anything retrieving related - trialing, training equipment, news, etc.

Moderator: Peter Butterfield

Easter Trial and others

Postby Wayne Parkinson » Fri 25 Apr 2003 6:10 pm

The Central Highlands club ran their 3 day Easter trial and it turned out to be another very successful event.
The club should be congratulated on all their hard work.

South Australia is having 3 days of trials next month on the 17th 18th and 19th.
We can highly recommend this weekend. It is well worth the drive.

You get 3 Novice, Restricted and All-Age trials.
Relaxed atmosphere and very friendly people.

Wayne Parkinson.
Wayne Parkinson

great easter trial

Postby Peter Betteridge » Sat 26 Apr 2003 9:19 am

My feedback from the NSW triallers that I have talked to is that the CHW gundog club has run possibly the biggest and probably the best organized trial in the history of the sport. Everyone I have spoken to had a great time. A big WELL DONE to the CHWG club and their hard working committee. This sort of event is a huge plus for our sport. Since I have read on this bulletin board about the innovative programs that are currently in place in SA WA and Victoria, I hope we in NSW can get our act together and put into practice some of these good ideas
Peter Betteridge

Postby Kirsty Blair » Sat 26 Apr 2003 9:38 am

I'd like to re-iterate the positive feedback given about the Vic Easter Trails. It was my first year attending the trial and I would have to agree that it was fantastic to see so many entries in all stakes. As a number of people said at the trial, the State Championships and the National bring All Age competitors from all over the country - but the Easter trial serves to bring Novice and Restricted competitors as well. As someone relatively new to the sport I have found the assistance and support of experienced handlers to be absolutely priceless. This trial gave me the opportunity to meet even more handlers and to watch and learn from their different styles of handling.

It is also interesting to note that handlers from different states often seem to develop handling styles specific to that state. Is this because of one influencial/successful trainer in that particular state?

Again, I would like to congratulate the club on a great trial - I hope to be there again next year.

Goldy :D
Kirsty Blair

Return to General