National 1972-2003

For discussion on anything retrieving related - trialing, training equipment, news, etc.

Moderator: Peter Butterfield

National 1972-2003

Postby Julian Bielewicz » Wed 11 Aug 2004 12:32 am

In preparation for the forthcoming National in Queensland I'd like to get hold of a comprehensive list of all former winners - handlers and dogs and years in which they won. I thought I'd found a site on the Internet some time back but now seem unable to relocate it.

Help would be appreciated.

And stand by folks as the promotional team steps into gear. This is not only going to thee best ever National Trial but also the best publicized and reported. Moves are already afoot to bring you all the news and snippets before, DURING and after the event. And certainly in the BEFORE we'll be looking for reader input.

Start in-putting now. What are your thoughts for running a successful National Trial? Would someone like to open a 'book' on the favourites? Do you have any interesting tales from previous Nationals?

At this stage I'll leave it to your imagination.

Julian
Julian Bielewicz

Postby Peter Betteridge » Wed 11 Aug 2004 7:16 am

Julian
go to the articles and archives page and you will find a complete list of all national winners and runners up since 1969.This bulletin board also has a complete and comprehensive list of all placegetters ,venues and judges since 1969 look on page 2 of the results section.,a post by bill bailey that people have added to his info to make a complete picture.My pick for the national ?? gareth tawton or jack Lynch just to start an argument
Peter Betteridge

Postby Jason Ferris » Wed 11 Aug 2004 11:02 am

Hi Julian

Peter has pointed you in the right direction for the records (the Past National Results link on the Articles and Archives page), but there are a couple of typos in the list which you should be aware of

- The 1983 and 1986 winner was the late Peter Halford's Wishmore Saturn not "Saturm".
- The 2002 runner up was Kaemajae All Black, which is misspelt as Kkkaemajae in the list.
- The 2003 winner and runner up are on the Tas page.

I am really looking forward to your coverage of the national. I'd love to see a list of the competitors at the beginning which is updated after each run with a description of the run. Of course if you are releasing scores as the trial progresses and/or announcing leading dogs at the end of day 1 and 2, it would be great to see those too.

Cheers, Jason.
Jason Ferris
Board Admin

Postby Gareth Tawton » Thu 12 Aug 2004 5:10 pm

Julian,

I know there are heaps of good dogs and handlers out there that like me have had lots of attempts but never succeeded in winning the BIG ONE. Good luck to them all. Finishing is an honour in its own right to me. I head off on Thursday for the 12 hour drive to the SA Champ and then turn around on the Sunday night to start the 20 hours to QLD. Gosh I am looking forward to that :wink: and they say we do this for fun.

Best of luck to the Committee for the up coming events. I know its not just good luck but great planning that makes a National a successful event and I am sure the Queenslanders will put on a great show.

See you in SUNNY Queensland.

Gareth

PS If nothing else I am looking forward to training in temperatures above freezing in the mornings.
Gareth Tawton

Return to General