2003 Tasmanian Nationals - Photographer

For discussion on anything retrieving related - trialing, training equipment, news, etc.

Moderator: Peter Butterfield

2003 Tasmanian Nationals - Photographer

Postby Kerry Webster » Wed 11 Aug 2004 7:36 pm

Just thinking back to Tasmania in 2003 and the National Championships, there was a girl taking photos of the dogs as they came up for the first run, noting who the dog was etc.

I spoke to her afterwards and gave her my email address, as did most other dog owners, to my knowledge, who were photoghed by her.

Ten months later............Haven't heard or seen hide nor hair of the girl or the photos. These weren't the official photos, by the way, which I did pay for, and receive, but, just an example of what can occur with random photos being taken at these events, without any follow up actually occuring.

Official photographers are a great boon to big events as long as the coverage is blanket and not selective. Obtaining photos of our retrievers at the firing point, or in action is, I believe, a great joy for owners, and even with the difficulty of achieving these shots, I applaud those that take the time to offer the service to retrieving, and especially the Nationals.

Kerry
Kerry Webster

Postby fred cowie » Wed 11 Aug 2004 9:05 pm

Kerry

I was at the nationals and also took a lot of photos. If you send details I will send a CD copy. No great quality as I am an amateur with what was a new camera.

fred c
fred cowie

Postby Maureen Cooper » Thu 12 Aug 2004 1:20 pm

Agree with you,Kerry, I asked again at the Easter trials and also saw the girl concerned at the Golden Retriever National in May, but as you say,still waiting to hear as I also gave my e-mail address. Susie Partridge might be able to help as it was her I asked at Easter though I know she did not take the photos but does know the girl concerned.

Maureen
Maureen Cooper

Postby Kerry Webster » Thu 12 Aug 2004 7:37 pm

Hi Fred,

Remember me from Tassie. You loaned me your thrower which was much appreciated.

If you can email me privately, I will send you my address details, but I will be away from next Wednesday for almost three weeks in Queensland.

Look forward to hearing from you,

Kerry
My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am.
Kerry Webster

Postby Prue Winkfield » Thu 19 Aug 2004 9:24 am

Sue McAdam took the photos at last year's National. They are all with Susie Partridge who should be able to send them out if you can help her identify who is who - this from talking with Sue McAdam last night who said she took a lot of photos.
Prue Winkfield

Postby Kerry Webster » Thu 16 Sep 2004 6:07 am

Hi Prue,

Yes, Sue McAdam did take photos and I ordered and received my CD's from her of the trial.

The person who took the photos I am referring to, was not Sue. Don't know her name, but remember she wore glasses and owned a Goldie.

By the way, Fred Cowie is very modest about his photography. He took excellent shots of dogs and handlers on the first run and 7th run. Very impressive.

Kerry
My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am.
Kerry Webster

Return to General