Why Vets cost so much

For discussion on anything retrieving related - trialing, training equipment, news, etc.

Moderator: Peter Butterfield

Why Vets cost so much

Postby Steve Grainger » Wed 18 Aug 2004 10:45 pm

An old lady takes her parrot to the vet and says I think there is something wrong with Harry. The vet takes one look at a stiff lifeless harry and says, your parrot is dead. The old lady gets quite upset and says he can't be how can you be sure he's dead you haven't done any test or any thing.
The vet looks at the old lady and gives a low whistle. A cat runs into the surgery jumps up onto the examination table and smells the parrot from head to tail tip and back again. The cat then looks at the Vet jumps down and runs back out of the surgery. The Vet gives another whistle and in walks a big black Labrador dog he put his front paws up onto the examination table gives the parrot a couple of nudges with his nose looks at the Vet and then walks back out at of the surgery. The Vet looks at the old lady and says I'm sorry but your parrot definately is dead. He then says that will cost you $200 thank you. The old lady looked at the Vet and said in an shocked voice $200 just to tell me my parrot is dead your got to be kidding. The Vet says no it's $20 for me to tell you your parrot is dead.
It's $180 for the cat scan and the Lab report.
Steve Grainger

Return to General