New rules introduced for 2015

For discussion on anything retrieving related - trialing, training equipment, news, etc.

Moderator: Peter Butterfield

New rules introduced for 2015

Postby Gareth Tawton » Thu 09 Oct 2014 1:10 pm

I see in the RAFT notes in the latest Dogs Vic magazine the new rule amendments for 2015 which include amongst others 5 wins in novice and restricted plus a reduction in the points for heeling from 10 to 5. A run will now be worth 60 points. Have the other states seen this yet??
Sounds like a good compromise from all the various submissions.

Gareth
Gareth Tawton

Re: New rules introduced for 2015

Postby Diane McCann » Fri 10 Oct 2014 7:46 pm

So 5 points for heeling, 10 points for style, 5 points for carriage, and 40 points for the retrieve? Still 3 wins for title in novice and restricted but can remain competitive for 5?
Diane
Diane McCann

Postby Gareth Tawton » Sat 11 Oct 2014 5:47 pm

That sounds right but I haven't seen it all in writing just yet so maybe someone can get a full version and post it

Gareth
Gareth Tawton

Postby Trevor Stevens » Wed 15 Oct 2014 12:11 pm

I have recently been advised by ANKC that the minutes of the last National RAFT meeting form part of the agenda for the ANKC Board meeting this coming weekend and therefore the minutes of our meeting may not be released or discussed until after the minutes of the ANKC Board meeting have been ratified by those who attend that meeting.

Regretfully this will not occur until November.

I know that this is an intolerable delay and leaves us with a very small window to communicate the rule changes before they come into effect on 1st January 2015.

Unfortunately I did jump the gun and authored an article in August for publication in Vicdog October magazine about the changes. I incorrectly thought that the curfew would be over when the ANKC meeting took place in October.
Trevor Stevens

Postby Peter Butterfield » Wed 15 Oct 2014 4:52 pm

Thank you for the update Trevor. It would be really useful for our readers if a summary of the changes (and possibly a brief explanation of any rationale) could be published here once everything is ratified. If that would be possible ?
Regards
Peter Butterfield
Peter Butterfield
Board Admin

Postby Trevor Stevens » Thu 16 Oct 2014 1:22 pm

Hi Peter, I will try to do that.
Trevor Stevens

Return to General