VGC Beginners Training Day -7 December

For discussion on anything retrieving related - trialing, training equipment, news, etc.

Moderator: Peter Butterfield

VGC Beginners Training Day -7 December

Postby Prue Winkfield » Wed 12 Nov 2014 3:48 pm

In case there is some confusion - this is a reminder that the Beginners Training Day is on 7th December. It will be held at St Anne's Winery, Myrniong commencing 11.00am.
Please let me know if you are attending on pwyorifeld@harboursat.com.au
Prue Winkfield

Re: VGC Beginners Training Day -7 December

Postby Prue Winkfield » Tue 02 Dec 2014 7:59 am

Directions for Beginners Training Day at St Anne's Winery, Myrniong.

Enter the main gate, drive up to the car park opposite the buildings which will be on your left. There is plenty of shade. Registration will be in the long blue stone building on the ground floor. There will be someone there to help direct you. Registration will be followed by a talk about the day. Chairs are provided. Please leave your dogs/s in the car or securely contained outside the car during this time.

Following on from this, we will all relocate to the training area which is nearby. We are looking forward to meeting new people to retrieving, catching up with others and having a good day - not too hot!
Prue Winkfield

Postby Dorothy Mottram » Mon 08 Dec 2014 11:03 am

Thank you very much to all those involved in taking the beginners training day - especially in such wet conditions! We thoroughly enjoyed the day, and learnt a lot. Thank you. Dorothy and Brian (and Skye!)
Dorothy Mottram

Postby Diane McCann » Mon 08 Dec 2014 6:43 pm

Glad you had a good time Dorothy, shame about the weather but I thought everyone showed great dedication to stay out in it for about three hours.

Now I took a dog toy from someone and forgot to give it back until too late, it is a pink rope style. And someone left an umbrella near Sally's car. Prue has both items to if anyone knows who they belong to please get them to contact Prue.
Diane
Diane McCann

Postby Prue Winkfield » Mon 08 Dec 2014 6:56 pm

The umbrella has found its home. Think Zeuska pinched to toy from my car! The weather was dreadful and I was also amazed at the dedication shown by people with their young dogs.

The dedication of our volunteers needs to be recognised - standing out in the rain for three hours helping people: Sally Haines, Diane and Chris & Jacqui Van Eeklen . They are members of VGC but not on Committee so a very special thank you to them from the VGC Committee!
Prue Winkfield

Return to General