RIP RTCH featherhunt justlike gabby

For discussion on anything retrieving related - trialing, training equipment, news, etc.

Moderator: Peter Butterfield

RIP RTCH featherhunt justlike gabby

Postby Peter Betteridge » Sun 23 Nov 2014 8:25 pm

Abbey died today i think from a heartattack she was 14 years young and still a keen retriever
competing with abbey was never dull given the colossal amount of points we conceded between the pegs however she was a brilliant line runner and a very good marker of long birds heeling and short birds brought her undone as well as case of hardmouth earlier in her career which i was able to completely fix
if there has ever been a faster dog with more drive than abbey i havent seen it yet. her drive was spectacular and when she got it right she was very hard to beat
she won her first all age at 2 and her last at 11 between the ages of 2 and 7 she rarely competed due to my family medical problems but from then on she competed regularly with considerable success
she had a lovely nature and will be greatly missed by myself boss and ellie
be at peace old girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Peter Betteridge

Re: RIP RTCH featherhunt justlike gabby

Postby Ray Temple » Mon 24 Nov 2014 12:38 am

Sorry for your loss Peter. RIP Abbey
Ray Temple

Postby Joe Vella » Mon 24 Nov 2014 11:06 am

Peter,
Jane and I felt sadness yesterday evening when you told us the news of Gabby's passing. Gabby was a bit of a character, I enjoyed the few times I ran her in trials when you could not do so yourself. She was loyal to you and you where the sun that use to shine every morning for her.
When good things come to an end you are left with the wonderfull memories to cherish.

JoenJane
Joe Vella

Postby Gareth Tawton » Mon 24 Nov 2014 6:51 pm

Peter

Sorry to hear of your loss RIP Abbey. She certainly went full throttle and I'm sure was great fun to run.

Gareth and Siobhan
Gareth Tawton

Postby Kerrie Armstrong » Thu 27 Nov 2014 5:16 pm

Hi Peter,

Sorry for your loss. She was a lovely girl.

Kerrie.
Kerrie Armstrong

Return to General