Bill Eckett seminar July 2004

For discussion on anything retrieving related - trialing, training equipment, news, etc.

Moderator: Peter Butterfield

Bill Eckett seminar July 2004

Postby JulieCramond » Wed 30 Apr 2003 10:41 am

Bill and Becky Eckett have agreed to return to Australia to hold another seminar. Their two children will also are very keen to visit Australia.
I would like to hear to expressions of interest at this time.

The seminar will be over three days in July 2004 in Victoria. The cost will be $300.00 which hopefully will cover the air fares for Bill and Becky. The Ecketts are covering their childrens costs. The fee will decrease if sponsorship is achieved. The seminar will be limited to 30 attendees.

Hopefully I can convince a club to hold a trial before the seminar to encourage interstaters to attend again.

Julie Cramond
170 Beaconsfield-Emerald Road
Beaconsfield 3807.

03 9707 2705

juliecramond@bigpond.com.au
JulieCramond

Eckett Visit

Postby Robert Tawton » Tue 18 Nov 2003 8:26 am

Hi Julie,

Please, what is the latest status of the proposed Eckett visit? This information is requested (sooner rather than later late:D ) to facilitate forward planning.

Regards, RWT
Robert Tawton

Postby Julie Cramond » Mon 24 Nov 2003 4:09 pm

Dear Bob,

Stop nagging, after all, YOU are the person with your wonderful stories, that encouraged my first trip to the US to observe their dogs and training techniques.

Here are the dates: (obviously 2004)

Friday 9th July

Saturday 10th July

Sunday 11th July

Monday 12th July

Many people have shown interest who did not attend the first seminar. Unfortunately due to time restraints Bill and Becky can only spare a certain amount of days away from their training facility. As a result, a quick review of the original seminar (one day!!!!) will be conducted.

Seminar Part 2 will primarily concentrate on training for Australian tests.

Bill is open for suggestions, of all future participants, to have input on what they would like him to incorporate into this seminar.

Please do not hesitate to telephone me.

Julie Cramond 03 97072705.
Julie Cramond

Postby Jason Ferris » Tue 25 Nov 2003 10:04 am

Hi

At Julie's request I have made this topic a 'sticky' which means it will stay at the top of the list. That way Julie can keep us informed of developments for the seminar without it getting lost in the discussion.

Cheers, Jason.
Jason Ferris
Board Admin

Postby Julie Cramond » Tue 25 Nov 2003 10:14 am

Thanks so much Jason for the quick service.

Since the date verification my telephone has been running hot, the seminar is filling up quickly in just under 24 hours.

I do hope that all people interested hear of the dates, especially as the trial season has finished and Christmas is not far away.

The seminar will be conducted at Joe Law's brothers property in Benalla. What a site for training and camping!!!!!

Evenings will naturally consist of group discussions every night. LOL
Julie Cramond

Postby Julie Cramond » Wed 26 Nov 2003 6:21 am

Deleted.
Last edited by Julie Cramond on Thu 06 May 2004 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Julie Cramond

Postby Jason Ferris » Thu 29 Jan 2004 5:32 pm

Hi Julie

I was wondering if you had any idea on when you would like us to pay up for the seminar? Given the healthy state of the US$ exchange rate at present it might be good to get some $ to Bill and Becky for deposits on airfares etc.

I think it is also really important that you and Andrew not end up out of pocket on this one - your time and effort is a huge investment as it is without having to drain your financial resources as well.

Cheers, Jason.
Jason Ferris
Board Admin

Postby Julie Cramond » Mon 01 Mar 2004 9:04 am

Jason and everyone,

Luckily the Australian dollar is holding its value against the US dollar.

I spoke to Becky this morning. The dates will be firm at the end of the week. Bill has to have a spare day to check the training grounds, so the seminar will formally begin on either Friday or Saturday.

Sorry about the delay, but as you know the Blackwater crew is in their winter training grounds in Texas.
Julie Cramond

Postby Gareth Tawton » Tue 13 Apr 2004 7:46 am

Julie,

Many moons ago I saw you asked for any special requests for Bill and Becky. I would love to see how they go about fixing Bugging if the problem occurrs. I also suspect there are quite some people who would like to see a Force Fetch lesson. I know this didn't go down so well at the Jim Swan seminar years ago buit I think people are a bit better educated these days and have better understanding of the benefits of FF.

Gareth
Gareth Tawton

Postby Julie Cramond » Tue 13 Apr 2004 8:46 am

The seminar dates have been confirmed, they will be:

Saturday 10th July

Sunday 11th July

Monday 12th July

The cost will be $300.00. Payment would be appreciated as soon as possible.

Gareth, thanks for your thoughts (keep them coming). Bill is open for suggestions on what individuals would like incorporated in the seminar.
Julie Cramond

Postby Prue Winkfield » Tue 13 Apr 2004 4:15 pm

Julie - agree with Gareth's suggestion on force fetch as long as the benefit of teaching it without leading on to the use of e collars can be well demonstrated which I believe it can. Prue
Prue Winkfield

Postby Julie Cramond » Thu 06 May 2004 1:03 pm

Many thanks to all those who have paid for their attendance.

Only a little over 2 months to go.

Besides the ideas for the seminar, can I ask for suggestions on what you would like as evening activities. I thought as a group we could all go into town at least one night. What else could we do as a group in a social/educational setting?
Julie Cramond

Return to General