Retrieving Website Nostalgia

For discussion on anything retrieving related - trialing, training equipment, news, etc.

Moderator: Peter Butterfield

Retrieving Website Nostalgia

Postby Peter Butterfield » Sat 28 Feb 2015 11:31 am

Here's a treat for anyone who enjoys re-living or exploring the past. Fully archived copies of this website (formerly Australian Working Retriever Central) are quietly stored in deep accesses of the internet as far back as 2002 and are available to be viewed here. Use the Wayback Machine navigation bar at the top of the screen to travel forwards or backwards in time. Everything seems to be there and work. The old State reports (no longer supported) provide particular interesting reading.

Personally, I'm fascinated by historical documents connected with this sport and enjoy observing how it has both evolved and also been able to maintain many of its traditions over time. If anyone has old retrieving photos or other materials of historical significance which may not have previously been published online, I invite you to post them here for posterity. If it's difficult for you convert items to an electronic format, get in touch with me at retrievingaustralia@gmail.com and I'll try to help.

Regards
Peter Butterfield
Admin.
Peter Butterfield
Board Admin

Return to General