Where to buy solid dummies

For discussion on anything retrieving related - trialing, training equipment, news, etc.

Moderator: Peter Butterfield

Where to buy solid dummies

Postby Kerry Webster » Fri 24 Apr 2015 12:49 pm

A chap over here is interested in training his 5 yr old GSP for retrieving trialing and has asked me about getting dummies. He wants the hard ones like my Avery bumpers, not ones that his dog can squeeze. Can anyone tell me where this type of dummy is available ? I believe that Avery have changed theirs and they are now soft, so, does anyone else make the solid, hard ones ?
My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am.
Kerry Webster

Re: Where to buy solid dummies

Postby Lara Preston » Fri 24 Apr 2015 8:18 pm

Hi Kerry, I've bought some from trailblazing innovations, they are very hard both small and large size, haven't found anything better! Only problem with them is the cost of shipping, unless you buy a lot of stuff!

http://www.tbicatalog.com
Lara Preston

Postby Pam Lyons » Sat 25 Apr 2015 4:38 pm

Hi Kerry, have a look at Sporting Outback Supplies. John lives in Sydney and if he hasn't got what you want he may be able to get it for you. Would save a lot in postage.
Pam Lyons

Postby Michael Kontou » Mon 27 Apr 2015 9:47 am

I have several of those Avery bumpers and what I have done is cut the top off and stuff them with rags.

If you wanted a more permanent solution you might just be able to drill a small hole and fill them with some expanding foam or resin. That way you would still be able to use them in water without them sinking.

Michael
Michael Kontou

Postby Kerry Webster » Mon 27 Apr 2015 1:32 pm

Thank you for the suggestions. He has gone online and ordered some dummies, so it will be interesting to see what type they are.

Kerry
My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am.
Kerry Webster

Postby Lara Preston » Mon 27 Apr 2015 6:42 pm

Michael Kontou wrote:I have several of those Avery bumpers and what I have done is cut the top off and stuff them with rags.

If you wanted a more permanent solution you might just be able to drill a small hole and fill them with some expanding foam or resin. That way you would still be able to use them in water without them sinking.

Michael

I tried the expanding foam on a few soft dummies, but if you dogs hard mouth they will still smash it unfortunately, TBI dummies are the only ones that haven't got squashed.
Lara Preston

Return to General