Judging Restricted

For discussion on anything retrieving related - trialing, training equipment, news, etc.

Moderator: Peter Butterfield

Judging Restricted

Postby Prue Winkfield » Tue 05 Oct 2004 12:59 pm

To illustrate that people here can say nice things about judges :lol: At our last trial our Restricted judge invited dogs that bombed the first run to continue if they wished. Whereas I know this is common practice in Queensland it definitely is not in Victoria. When we are looking at ways of encourageing people into and to stay in the sport what an excellent way of doing this. Some people travel 3 hours or more and to go out in the first run is extremely disheartening for everyone let alone someone - with perhaps their first dog - trying to get going in the higher stakes. Entry numbers permitting, please let us see more of this understanding attitude from our judges :!: .
Prue Winkfield

judging restricted

Postby Lynne Strang » Tue 05 Oct 2004 4:16 pm

In the West, in most cases, competiors are allowed to continue in the Novice and in the Restricted stakes, except when there's really bad weather or failing light, etc. We generally have All Age stakes on a different day from N/R stakes and often we are allowed to do 2 or 3 runs.
We only have about 12 dogs in All Age at the moment, so there is time.
I agree that it makes for happier triallers, especially new people.
I believe if we want people in the sport we must remember to consider the average handler.
I'm, sure the judge you referred to appreciated the positive comment.
Lynne Strang
Lynne
Lynne Strang

Return to General