Rules Review

For discussion on anything retrieving related - trialing, training equipment, news, etc.

Moderator: Peter Butterfield

Rules Review

Postby Prue Winkfield » Fri 08 Oct 2004 4:26 pm

Gather there must have been an ANKC meeting to discuss changes to the rules - does anyone have details of what was agreed?
Prue Winkfield

Postby Gareth Tawton » Fri 08 Oct 2004 6:12 pm

Prue,

I gather the bulk of the prefered changes all went thru. I understand a subcommitte of Bob Tawton, Noel Eltringham, Glenyce Maclure, plus? are in the process of tidying up the rule changes renumbering etc. It is all online for a start date of 1 Jan 2005.

Gareth
Gareth Tawton

Postby Julie Cramond » Mon 18 Oct 2004 10:28 am

Gareth Tawton wrote:It is all online for a start date of 1 Jan 2005.

Gareth

Gareth, where are the rule changes detailed, please?
Julie Cramond

Postby Jason Ferris » Mon 18 Oct 2004 10:45 am

Hi Julie

The rule changes are detailed in draft minutes of the National RAFT meeting held in the week between the Qld State and the National. I have asked the RAFT chairperson for his agreement to post these minutes on the web, but haven't had a reply yet.

I am aware that members of the RAFT are currently incorporating the agreed amendments into new version of the rules to take effect on 1 Jan 05. Once these are sorted out, I will arrange to get them posted up also.

Perhaps one of the RAFT members could post a summary of the agreed rule changes to whet our appetites in the meantime?

Cheers, Jason.
Jason Ferris
Board Admin

Postby Julie Cramond » Mon 18 Oct 2004 10:50 am

Good idea Jason.

I am particularly interested in relocations. I have a severe headache trying to work them out.
Julie Cramond

Postby Jason Ferris » Mon 18 Oct 2004 11:46 am

I believe that a new rule on relocations along the lines of the following has been agreed...

"Retrieves involving relocation of the Firing Point should not involve a relocation of more than twenty (20) metres. The relocated Firing Point should not unduly disadvantage the dog or handler and it is desirable that the area of fall of the relocated leg be able to be observed from the new Firing Point. Relocation retrieves are best suited to Walk-Up Retrieves or to enable a better sighted retrieve to be provided to the dog."

Cheers, Jason.
Jason Ferris
Board Admin

Return to General