Victorian Gundog Club Training Day - 29/11/15

For discussion on anything retrieving related - trialing, training equipment, news, etc.

Moderator: Peter Butterfield

Victorian Gundog Club Training Day - 29/11/15

Postby Prue Winkfield » Tue 29 Sep 2015 10:19 am

Our November Retriever training day will again be held at St Anne's Winery, Myrniong. Hopefully not as wet as last year! More details to follow.
Prue Winkfield

Re: Victorian Gundog Club Training Day - 29/11/15

Postby Prue Winkfield » Fri 02 Oct 2015 10:15 am

Registration at St Anne's Winery 9.00am

This training day is for people with gundogs that already have received basic training for gundog sports. In other words it is for people who have:

. attended our training days previously and have been practicing and ready to move forward
. trained their dog to meet novice RATG requirements
. dogs at Beginner Retriever Test level.

Instruction will include but not be limited to:

. water work especially training for direct entry and return
. marking – introducing ‘factors’ and extending distances
. Introduction to handling

Please bring with you a tie down peg, lead, dummies, water for dog, chair, gumboots and lunch. Extra dummies will be available if required.

Entry: Free for Gundog Club Members, $10 per dog for non members.
You may join the VGC on line via our website: victoriangundogclub.wildapricot.org

Please indicate your intention to attend with me at pwyorifeld@harbourisp.net.au by 19 November. If you require further information I can be contacted on 53687264.
Prue Winkfield

Postby Prue Winkfield » Fri 13 Nov 2015 3:06 pm

A reminder that we are now into mid November and our training day is fast approaching. If you have not already done so, please let me know if you will be coming and whether you have any specific retrieving issues you would like to work on.

For those of you who have not been to St Anne's it is at Gerards Lane, Myrniong. Take the Pykes Creek, Blackwood turn off the Western Freeway. Prue
Prue Winkfield

Postby Diane McCann » Fri 13 Nov 2015 7:55 pm

Prue, I know that you do not require people to have previously attended a Gundog club training day in order to attend this one, but I thought I would make it clear as perhaps some people may think that this is the case. I assume that all dogs with some basic retrieving training are welcome and would benefit
Diane
Diane McCann

Postby Prue Winkfield » Sat 14 Nov 2015 9:48 am

Yes Diane you are correct. Dogs do not have to have attended previous training days. We do require that dogs have had basic training and know what retrieving trials are about. They should be around Beginner or novice level. (Not necessarily winning of course!) We intend to tailor the day to meet specific needs and be in a position to give more individual assistance than in the past. Prue
Prue Winkfield

Return to General