Vale National & Grand Rt Ch Kadnook Pride of Cork CM

For discussion on anything retrieving related - trialing, training equipment, news, etc.

Moderator: Peter Butterfield

Vale National & Grand Rt Ch Kadnook Pride of Cork CM

Postby Gareth Tawton » Sat 09 Jan 2016 8:13 pm

image.jpeg
image.jpeg (138.02 KiB) Viewed 6006 times

RIP MONTY a much loved family pet who doubled as a trial dog.

It's hard to believe a dog who came into our lives as wedding present from me to Siobhan would go on to have such a wonderful career competing in All Age for a decade. The only dog to have won every state championship as well as the National. Mont was retired in 2011 after finishing 3rd in the National at 11 years of age. He amassed over 350 championship points won 10 state titles and finished 7 Nationals.

Monty excelled in his second career (retirement) as we'll as he did his first. A vicious guard dog who would slay an intruder with a wag of his tail or drown them in slobber. He could mark the fall of the smallest crumb onto the kitchen floor and mastered opening the back door on his own. His line from his food bowl to his favourite sleeping mat in front of the fire was immaculate. Monty easily switched from ardent retrieving competitor to lazy house dog who hung out with Riley in front of the X box. A truly multiskilled dog who will be missed by us all.

Gareth Siobhan and Riley
Gareth Tawton

Re: Vale National & Grand Rt Ch Kadnook Pride of Cork CM

Postby Peter Betteridge » Sat 09 Jan 2016 8:32 pm

a wonderful dog gareth congrats on all u and he achieved together
Peter Betteridge

Postby Garrick Bridges » Sat 09 Jan 2016 9:57 pm

Condolences on Monty's passing Gareth, Siobhan and Riley.

He was a great trial dog and a fantastic companion, a true dual purpose Labrador.

Garrick, Leisa, Greta & Hugh
Garrick Bridges

Postby Lyn Wise » Sat 09 Jan 2016 10:15 pm

So sorry to hear of Montýs passing. He was a remarkable dog who sill be remembered so fondly by all who knew him.
Gorgeous photo of Riley and Monty. Treasure the memories
Thoughts are with you.
Lyn
Lyn Wise
Lyn Wise

Postby Prue Winkfield » Sun 10 Jan 2016 9:27 am

So sorry to hear this news. He was a marvelous dog in all respects. He certainly tried to stop me entering the house with a tail wag and 'kisses'! It is so hard to say goodbye to the old dogs and my thoughts are with you. Prue
Prue Winkfield

Postby Heather Ellis » Sun 10 Jan 2016 12:16 pm

A true Champion and great character! Fabulous tribute Gareth and beautiful photo. I know just how much he was cherished. We lose them all too soon.
Thoughts are with you all.
Heather Ellis

Postby Leanne O'Sullivan » Sun 10 Jan 2016 2:04 pm

So sorry for your loss Siobhan, Gareth and Riley. Monty was a gorgeous old boy and will surely be missed.
Leanne O'Sullivan

Postby Alison Hargreaves » Sun 10 Jan 2016 2:13 pm

Our thoughts are with Gareth, Siobhan and Riley during this sad period.

We remember Monty with fond memories, especially when he and Kato were competing together. Tassie State in 2003 they were neck to neck in that final run, Kato just wouldn't climb that darn tree.

They are both now running around up at the Rainbow Bridge, healthy and looking down watching their children following in their paw prints.

RIP Monty

Jim, Alison and Jacqui
Alison Hargreaves

Postby Jack Lynch » Mon 11 Jan 2016 8:24 am

I first met Monty when he was just a youngster,I was minding him for Siobhon and Gareth whilst they were on a visit to Sydney.During that short time I fell in love with him, he was my inspiration to have a big yellow boy.Further down the track my wish came true when Fern, assisted by John Palmers Sam produced Tsu for me and is the nicest natured dog that I have ever known.So thankyou Monty, enjoy the happy hunting grounds.I too remember that tree stump in Tassie.Thinking of you and your family Gareth. Jack and Christine.
Jack Lynch

Postby Malcolm Tyrie » Mon 11 Jan 2016 10:03 am

Gareth,Siobhan & Riley, how sad we were to hear the news of Monty's passing. He was a wonderful boy and certainly loved by everyone who came in contact with him. Its amazing how they learn to open that back door, Kit does it too and I always think of Monty, have tried to teach her to close it but like him she doesn't. Monty achieved heights that it would take a long time for anyother dog to do, and maybe none ever will. He will be wearing that crown in doggy heaven for all to see. Thinking of you all with love Malcolm and Pamela xxx
Malcolm Tyrie

Postby Diane McCann » Mon 11 Jan 2016 7:11 pm

That is a big loss, lovely dog, bye Monty
Diane
Diane McCann

Postby Allan Bartram » Tue 12 Jan 2016 6:20 pm

Gareth, Siobhan & Riley,
"Special" isn't a big enough accolade for such a great dog, a true Champion, loved by all that knew him. His wonderful gentle nature, and amazing natural ability were a joy to watch.
One of the truly Great dogs, he will be sadly missed.
Someone once said " the best place to bury a great dog is in the heart of his master" ...........we know how true this will be.
Thinking of you

Allan & Catherine
Allan Bartram

Postby Kerry Webster » Wed 13 Jan 2016 2:08 pm

What a wonderful dog Monty was. So special in many ways and one we will remember fondly. It won't be the same in the Tawton household without him, I'm sure. Ian & I send you our deepest sympathy at this sad time.
RIP Monty, you have earned it.

Kerry and Ian
My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am.
Kerry Webster

Postby Judy Pannett » Thu 14 Jan 2016 8:41 am

So sad to hear of Monty's passing. Such a wonderful dog & so good that he had a lovely retirement. Thinking of you all. Judy
Judy Pannett

Postby josh wells » Thu 14 Jan 2016 7:41 pm

Gareth,Siobhan and Riley,

Monty's record speaks for itself and you can't argue with history. Before my time in this sport but I can only aspire to achieve what Gareth and Monty have.

Thinking of you all.

Josh and Rebekah Wells
josh wells

Next

Return to General