ITS A BOY !!!!! (now with pictures!)

For discussion on anything retrieving related - trialing, training equipment, news, etc.

Moderator: Peter Butterfield

ITS A BOY !!!!! (now with pictures!)

Postby Gareth Tawton » Sat 06 Nov 2004 3:50 pm

Gareth and Siobhan are proud to announce the arrival of their first child Ryley Daniel Tawton at 5.09pm Friday the 5th.

At 3.96kg or 8lb 12 for the old school Ryley is a fair lump of lad as Siobhan would say. In fact, to big as more than 24 hrs of labour and a forceps delivery would suggest. Siobhan and Riley are both well just a bit tired as would be expected. Personally, I didn't find the labour any problem at all and enjoyed the fact that the labour suite had FOX sport on the TV. A little cricket does wonders to pass the day :wink:

A special thanks to all those in the "Dog World" who have asked after Siobhans health over the last nine months. The 3 of us look forward to seeing you all during the 2005 trialling year.

Lookout my new bird boy has arrived :lol: Apparently they are a but pricey to run :!:

Gareth
Gareth Tawton

Postby Leanne O'Sullivan » Sat 06 Nov 2004 4:06 pm

Hi Gareth

That's great news. Best wishes to you, Siobhan and your new addition, Riley. I look forward to seeing you all next year.

Cheers
Leanne
Leanne O'Sullivan

Postby Joanne Hagan » Sat 06 Nov 2004 4:56 pm

Congratulations Gareth & Siobhan and the proud grandparents as well. How soon before he gets his first whistle? :D

All the best

Joanne
Joanne Hagan

Congratulations Gareth and Siobhan

Postby Margaret Hall » Sat 06 Nov 2004 6:44 pm

Congratulations to you both on the arrival of Ryley.
A budding young trialler in the making for sure!

Congratulatins to Bob and Pam I am sure they are very proud grandparents.

Steve and I look forward to seeing young Ryley next year at the trials.

Margaret & Steve Hall
Margaret Hall

Postby Diane McCann » Sat 06 Nov 2004 6:49 pm

Congratulations Gareth, Siobhan, Bob and Pam.

Welcome to Ryley!

Best wishes, Diane
Diane McCann

Postby Alison Hargreaves » Sat 06 Nov 2004 7:03 pm

Congratulations Gareth & Siobhan on the safe arrival of Ryley Daniel. Jacqui has already volunteered to babysit at the Victorian trials and teach him the art of mud pies etc. We can always remember you laughing at me trying to keep Jacqui clean at trials Gareth, now it will be our turn!

Hope to catch up with you in Canberra prior to Christmas.

Jim, Alison and Jacqui Hargreaves
Alison Hargreaves

Postby Prue Winkfield » Sun 07 Nov 2004 9:37 am

Congratulations Gareth and Siobhan on the safe arrival of Ryley the whole family must be estatic :D
Prue Winkfield

Postby Jason Ferris » Sun 07 Nov 2004 11:59 am

Hearty congratulations to Gaz, Shiv, Bob and Pam on the arrival of Ryley from Jason, Kate and Carmen. Our turn next :!:

I can see the press advert now...

Tawton kennels are proud to announce the whelping of a first litter from a new mating.

Sire: Gareth Tawton, from Robert and Pam Tawton.

Dam: Siobhan Tawton (Imp. UK.), pedigree details not available on the Australian database.

The litter consisted of a single pup, a male, which has been given the call name Ryley Daniel. Birth weight 3960g. Whelped 17:09pm on 5 Nove 2004 at John James Hospital Canberra.

:wink:

Cheers, Jason (who hopes he isn't setting himself up for too much payback come January)

PS - Where are the photos?
Jason Ferris
Board Admin

Postby Bo Curtis » Sun 07 Nov 2004 1:53 pm

Congratulations to you both!
Seems Gareth has followed good family planning practice by buying all of his toys prior to the birth.
We look forward to meeting Jr.

The Curtis'
Bo Curtis

congrats

Postby Jack Lynch » Mon 08 Nov 2004 9:19 am

Very happy for you all, love and best wishes from Jack and Christine.
Jack Lynch

Postby Wayne Parkinson » Mon 08 Nov 2004 10:13 am

Congratulations Gareth and Siobhan from Teresa and Wayne.

Regards
Wayne Parkinson

I recieved the following email this morning.

Canberra Vasectomy

After having their 11th child, an Canberra couple decided that was enough, as they could not afford a larger bed. So the husband went to his doctor and told him that he and his wife didn't want to have any more children. The doctor told him there was a procedure called a vasectomy that would fix the problem but it was expensive. A less costly alternative was to go home, get a firework, light it, put it in a beer can, then hold the can up to his ear and count to 10. The husband said to the doctor, "B'Jayzus, I may not be the smartest guy in the world, but I don't see how putting a firework in a beer can next to my ear is going to help me." "Trust me, it will do the job", said the doctor. So the man went home, lit a banger and put it in a beer can. He held the can up to his ear and began to count: "1, 2, 3, 4, 5," at which point he paused, placed the beer can between his legs so he could continue counting on his other hand. This procedure also works in New Zealand, Tasmania and South Australia.
Wayne Parkinson

It's a Boy

Postby Georgina Golle » Mon 08 Nov 2004 2:38 pm

Gareth, Siobhan, - our congratualtions on the birth of your new baby son, Ryley.
Wishing you all the happiness only a child can bring into your life.

Looking forward to seeing the little one next year.

Kind regards, Amand and Georgina Golle
Georgina Golle

Postby Maureen Cooper » Mon 08 Nov 2004 3:01 pm

Congratulations Gareth and Shiv, and big welcome to Ryley. Looking forward to baby photos, bad planning to make us wait until March!! We want pics... NOW!

Love
Maureen
Maureen Cooper

Postby Teresa Parkinson » Tue 09 Nov 2004 9:48 am

Congratulations Gareth, Shiv and Ryley! I've been away all weekend so just got to 'hear' the good news. Welcome to the nutty world of trialling Ryley. Can't wait to meet you.:wink:

Well done Shiv for doing all the hard work. With any luck, the odd wicket fell during Ryley's delivery just to really annoy Gareth !!!! :lol:

Congrats too to Pam and Bob on this latest addition to the Tawton clan.
Hope to catch up real soon guys. Lots of love to all of you,

Teresap
Teresa Parkinson

Postby Kate Eltringham » Tue 09 Nov 2004 12:03 pm

Hi Shiv and Gareth,

Congratulations to you both on the birth or Ryley Daniel, who we have been reliably informed has a touch of red in his hair, a pleasure to hear from another redhead.

Looking forward to meeting Ryley and of course catching up with the both of you as well.

Kate and Noel
Kate Eltringham

Next

Return to General