New website

For discussion on anything retrieving related - trialing, training equipment, news, etc.

Moderator: Peter Butterfield

New website

Postby Karen Parnell » Thu 11 Nov 2004 7:21 am

Hi all,

Just a quick-e to let you know that the New Zealand Gundog Trials Association now has a new website.

This may be helpful for those planning a holiday over here - dates of championship trials are listed - only 2004 at the moment but 2005 dates will be on soon. :)

Check it out at http://www.nzgta.co.nz

Cheers
Karen.
Karen Parnell

Postby Jason Ferris » Thu 11 Nov 2004 8:33 am

Looks like an interesting site Karen. Would it be appropriate for me to ask about having the http://www.australianworkingretrievercentral.org.au site added to the links section? If so who would I ask?

Cheers, Jason.

PS - good to hear from you again, you've been too quiet lately.
Jason Ferris
Board Admin

Postby Karen Parnell » Thu 11 Nov 2004 8:42 am

I think that would be a great idea if both could have links to each other - I'll write to Maree Dickey who is the Association Secretary and ask if that is possible and will let you know.

Quiet - me?! Just taking it all in... plus I am currently hobbling with my foot in a cast after breaking my ankle inbetween the North Island and New Zealand champs! :( I'm telling people that I did it bungee-jumping from a helicopter but they know me too well, I guess... cos they just laugh! Still it sounds better than "I went over on my ankle when I was yelling at my dog". :roll:

Rather annoying actually as I was unable to run Dollar in the NZ Retriever event (couldn't get to the front pegs!) however she did well to finish a tough course with another handler and it made me feel better knowing that I can hand her over to somebody else if I can't make it to a trial.

I'll get back to you when I hear from Maree!
K.
Karen Parnell

Postby Jason Ferris » Thu 11 Nov 2004 8:52 am

Thanks Karen, I look forward to a positive response from Maree. I am sure we will be able to add a link to the main page of this site.

Hope your ankle recovers quickly. Your story reminds me of the ACT Championship in 2003 when our illustrious trial manager rolled his ankle leaping out of the car while spotlighting rabbits for the trial (in his defence is was snowing at the time and we were on the side of a hill). He spent the following day watching his father run his dog from the comfort of the gallery!

Cheers, Jason.
Jason Ferris
Board Admin

Return to General