Victorian Retrieving Trial Dog of the Year

For discussion on anything retrieving related - trialing, training equipment, news, etc.

Moderator: Peter Butterfield

Victorian Retrieving Trial Dog of the Year

Postby Kate Eltringham » Mon 20 Dec 2004 9:38 pm

2004 Victorian Canine Association
Retrieving Trial Dog of the Year

With the end of the retrieving trial season the fifth annual VCA Retrieving Trial Dog of the Year has been decided. The Retrieving Trial Dog of theYear is based on the cumulative placings gained in all retrieving trials conducted in Victoria during the calender year. The higher the level of the stake or championship the more points a dog can receive for running a place.

The award for the year 2004 has gone to RT Ch Reveirter Jet Kite ‘Tike’ a Labrador Retriever dog owned by Kate and Noel Eltringham and handled by Noel. Tike’s results for the year comprised two wins and seven seconds in All Age in addition to coming second in the VCA Retrieving Trial Championship. This is the third time Tike has won this award since its inception five years ago. He has also been placed second in only the other two awards conducted.

Second was Jim and Alison Hargreaves’s Golden Retriever dog RT Ch Winterset Moon Shadow ‘Kato’. Kato’s results for the year included three wins, a second and two thirds in All Age plus a third in the VCA Retrieving Trial Championship. Third was Mark and Wendy Davis’ young Labrador Retriever dog RT Ch Beereegan One Tree, ‘Swampy’. “Swampy” had two wins, two seconds and three thirds in All Age. Fourth was Steve and Marg Hall’s RT Ch Bambillay Brave Heart and fifth was Russell Whitchurch’s Nat RT Ch Adderslot Crackers Triga who also had the glory of winning the National Retrieving Trial Championship conducted in Queensland this year.

Place Owner Dog Points
1 N. Eltringham’s RT Ch Reveirter Jet Kite 85 pts
2 J. Hargreaves RT Ch Winterset Moon Shadow 59 pts
3 W.&M. Davis’ RT Ch Beereegan One Tree 55 pts
4 S.&M. Hall’s RT Ch Bambillay Brave Heart 43 pts
5 R. Whitechurch’s Nat RT Ch Adderslot Crackers Triga 39 pts
Kate Eltringham

Victorian Retrieving Dog of the Year

Postby Garrick Bridges » Tue 21 Dec 2004 9:03 am

Noel and Kate,
Congratulations on a great effort. Extremely consistant results through 2004.
Garrick
Garrick Bridges

Postby Kerry Webster » Wed 22 Dec 2004 6:09 pm

Hi Kate and Noel,

Congratulations on being Top Dog with Tike. What a consistent effort for the year.

Also, my congratulations to Jim and Alison with Kato, Mark and Wendy with Swampy, Steve and Marg and Levi and Russell with The sheep, on your efforts during the year.

Being runner up is no mean feat also, so well done Kato.

"All the best for Christmas and the New Year to all my Victorian retrieving friends.

Kerry
My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am.
Kerry Webster

Return to General